Bandai Namco will publish developer Harebrained Schemes’ procedurally-generated, third-person action Rogue-lite Necropolis on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One this summer alongside the self-published PC version, the company announced.
The death-heavy game sees players become nameless adventurers attempting to escape a living, magical dungeon that reconstructs itself each time you play.
Get a new trailer and the Steam page fact sheet below.
Necropolis combines third-person action with Rogue-lite dungeon-delving for a game that’s fast-paced and addictive, yet diabolically hardcore. You play as a nameless adventurer attempting to escape a living, magical dungeon that reconstructs itself each time you play, with only one way out – down. Craft, equip, explore, and fight to stay alive as you delve deeper and face ever-greater threats in the twisting halls and endless chasms of the Necropolis. Have no doubt, you’re going to die – often! – but you’ll improve your combat skills, available upgrades, and dungeon know-how with every playthrough, bringing you one step closer to the exit. (Warning: “Just one more time” mindset can be addicting.)
In Necropolis, death is…
- …Permanent. Game Over? Jump right back in with a new adventurer and try again!
- …Different every time. A new procedurally-generated dungeon with every death.
- …Better with friends. Drop-in / drop-out CO-OP multiplayer for up to 4 players!
- …Monstrous. Gemeaters, Changelings, Hoardmen, and more – they exist to kill you.
- …Not without perks. Each new dungeon is littered with powerful weapons, armor, and upgrades to wield against your foes. (And there’s crafting, too!)
- …Unavoidable. But don’t worry, this NEXT playthrough is totally the one. We’ve got a good feeling about it.