Rocket League is getting a post-apocalyptic-themed add-on dubbed “Chaos Run” in December, developer Psyonix announced.
The $3.99 Chaos Run add-on includes:
- 2 New Battle-Cars, Ripper and Grog
- 12 New Decals (six for each new Battle-Car)
- 2 New Paint Types (Camo and Sun-Damaged)
- 2 New Wheels (Ripper and Grog)
- 2 New Rocket Trails (Sandstorm, Nuts and Bolts)
- 3 New Toppers (Boombox, Cow Skull, Mohawk)
- 3 New Antennas (Bomb Pole, Radioactive, Retro Ball – Wasteland)
- 5 New Trophies
A free new arena called “Wasteland” will be released alongside the downloadable content. It’s a “non-regulation” field based on the Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars field of the same name.
Over at the PlayStation Blog, Psyonix marketing VP Jeremy Dunham details what makes Wasteland different than other fields.
“It’s physically-wider than all other stadiums and has a completely-dissimilar Boost placement,” Dunham said. “The biggest difference, though, is that the ground itself is sloped around the entire perimeter of the arena, making for matches that feel much different than typical Rocket League contests. It’s the first of many “unusual” arena designs that we plan to introduce in the future, and they’re only going to get more interesting from here.”
Several other free items, including new music from Kevin Riepl and several new Garage items, are also slated to launch alongside Chaos Run.
Watch a trailer below.