Level-5 and Dentsu have announced the formation of Level-5 Abby Inc., a new subsidiary that aims to create, produce, and distribute game and animation content from Japan for children, adults, and fans worldwide across all platforms and devices.
The company’s name takes the “a” from the words “all” and “anything,” and the “bby” from “hobby,” to form “Abby.”
Level-5 Abby’s first project is the western roll-out of Yo-kai Watch. Here’s the popular series’ full North American schedule:
- America – Begins broadcasting October 5 at 5:00 p.m. on Disney XD
- Canada – Begins broadcasting October 10 at 2:00 p.m. on Teletoon
- North America – Begins serialization via VIZ Media on November 3
- North America – Toy line launching via Hasbro in winter 2016
Find the full company outline below. Visit its official website here.
About Level-5 Abby Inc.
Entertainment, your way.
Multi-media entertainment company Level-5 Abby Inc. creates, produces and distributes highly engaging content for children, adults and game/anime fans worldwide. The company’s mission is to bring its universally-themed popular game and animation content from Japan to fans globally, across all platforms and all devices. Level-5 Abby makes a strong commitment to maintaining its position on the frontier where the newest technologies and great entertainment intersect.
The company’s tentpole franchises – Yo-kai Watch, Little Battlers eXperience (LBX) and Snack World — are debuting before western audiences via multiple touch points, including animation, toys, comics, music, and many more ways in coming years.
Level-5 Abby Inc.
1620 26th Street, Santa Monica, 90404
Founded in California in 2015
As a subsidiary of Level-5 and Dentsu
- Akihiro Hino ‐ President/CEO – Founder, President/CEO of LEVEL-5 Inc., the parent company of Level-5 Abby Inc., Hino is the creative chief of the company, with need roots in game development. Today, he is considered one of the most successful children’s entertainment creators, with the ability to develop a robust, cross-media entertainment universe accessed through games, TV animation, toys, and new media platforms.
- Yukari Hayakawa ‐ COO – Based in Southern California, Hayakawa oversees development and implementation of Level-5 Abby Inc.’s corporate strategy, as well as the company’s day-to-day operations. Prior to joining Level-5, Hayakawa held positions in marketing and business development at a leading global entertainment company and a top management consulting firm.