The downloadable content episodes released for Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree’s Woe and the Blight Below in Japan post-launch will be included on-disc in the western release, free of charge, Square Enix announced.
The episodes will become available once you’ve completed the main story up to a certain point, and by meeting a few conditions. Most will be available after defeating King Hydra. You’ll be able to take on the episodes by checking your mail at the in-game post office.
Some of the episodes include:
- Alena’s Episode – Completing Alena’s episode will get you her original Dragon Quest IV costume! I think she looks really cute with the tights! Alena’s episode brings her into a competition for the Colissea Cup. Completing the quest will get you alternate arranged costumes for both the tomboy Tsarevna and her loyal friend, Kiryl and rare accessories!
- Bjørn Battle – Meet Bjørn the Behemoose, one of the largest bosses in the series! He first appeared in Dragon Quest V as a terrible evil that Nera’s family sealed away. Since Bjørn is so huge, you’ll have to jump on his massive body and deal damage to him that way…
- Great Demon Lord Zoma Battle – The scary looking monster here is The Great Demon Lord Zoma, the final boss of Dragon Quest III! Zoma will freeze your party with a strong ice spell. Maybe it’d be a good idea to stock up on ice resistant equipment before taking on this challenge!
- Nokturnus Battle – Nokturnus, the hardest boss in Dragon Quest VI! Goooooood luck!
- Psaro Battle and Playable Character – saro the Manslayer himself! He’s the only character that can equip greatswords! Psaro’s form changes when he uses his coup de grâce! He will burn his surroundings with the heat ray that he shoots from his eyes!
- And more…
Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree’s Woe and the Blight Below will launch for PlayStation 4 in North America on October 13 and in Europe on October 16.