The Kickstarter campaign for Shenmue III, which launched last month following its debut at Sony Computer Entertainment’s E3 press conference, has closed at $6,333,295 funded of its $2 million goal from 69,320 backers.
Shenmue III holds the new record for Kickstarter’s most-funded video game. Here’s where it stands compared to previous most-funded titles:
- Shenmue III – $6.33 million
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night – $5.54 million
- Torment: Tides of Numeria – $4.18 million
- Pillars of Eternity – $3.98 million
- Mighty No. 9 – $3.84 million
- Broken Age – $3.33 million
- Yooka-Laylee – £2.09 million
- Wasteland 2 – $2.93 million
- Elite: Dangerous – £1.57 million
- Homestuck Adventure Game – $2.48 million
The sequel to Shenmue II will continue the story of Ryo, who in search of his father’s killer, has made his way to China, where he meet’s Shenhua and learns of a legend from her village that has foretold their path together.
Shenmue III estimated due out in December 2017 for PlayStation 4 and PC.