The latest set of Tokyo Xanadu screenshots introduce supporting characters Shiori Kurashiki, Ryouta Ibuki, and Jun Kohinata, as well as the game’s Soul Device customization features, which were introduced in Dengeki PlayStation last week.
Get the details below.
Shiori Kurashiki (voiced by Ai Kayano)
17 years-old. Kou’s neighbor, childhood friend, and classmate. She’s reserved, but strong at heart. Since Kou began living on his own, she’s been worried about his private life and acts like a mother to him at times. She had a normal life, but gets caught up in an incident involving the Other World.
Ryouta Ibuki (voiced by Atsushi Abe)
17 years-old. Kou’s friend from elementary school. He’s also good friends with Shiori. He’s a wholesome young man who dreams of a rosy high school life. He’s in the kendo club, but tends to skip out because he prioritizes hanging with friends. Although he has a non-serious personality and is friends with many, he ends up “just friends” and frets about his lack of a girlfriend.
Jun Kohinata (voiced by Kanae Ito)
16 years-old. A second-year student and one of Kou’s classmates. He is short, baby-faced, and loved by the ladies, perhaps because he is often mistaken for a girl. He can be a bit timid, but once he gets to know someone he speaks his mind. He was in the same class as Kou and Ryouta during their first year, so he had the chance to make friends with them, and they are often found together. He’s also borderline otaku, knowing the latest anime and subculture trends.
■ Soul Device Customization
Each character has their own Soul Device, which can be customized to learn new abilities and strengthen each character’s parameters. In the settings screen, you’ll find a number of grids, which you can customize using the items and materials you pick up during the game.
Your parameters will see big changes depending on the Soul Cores you set. Fundamentally, you’ll set Soul Cores with the same attributes as the character you’re setting it for, but if you meet certain requirements, you can also equip Soul Cores of attributes different from the character.
- Regios: Fire attribute balance type. A balanced type in which various parameters evenly rise.
- Vanguard: Wind attribute power type. A power type in which attack and defense significantly rise.
- Calatrava – Steel attribute magic type. A magic type in which magic attack and magic defense significantly rise.
A grid for Shooting Skills, Flying Skills, and Strength Skills. When you strengthen the grid, you strengthen your skills, your offensive power will rise and your SP consumption will lower, etc.
Learn new and strengthen existing abilities.
- Brave Soul: If the damage you receive is more than your remaining HP, you’ll be left with 1 HP rather than die.
- Boost Combo: For every combo attack you land, the damage will rise with each attack.
- Auto Recovery Bar: When you’re with a partner, this will restore the player-controlled character from a near-death state.
Freely insert element parts to achieve various status enhancements, attribute resistance enhancements, and other enhancements.
- Wand I: Shadow attribute element. Increases magic attack power.
- Shield I: Steel attribute element. Increases defense power.
The Master Core has one slot, the Skill Grid has three slots, and the Ability and Free Grids vary by character. You’ll need to acquire raw materials and special items to learn and strengthen your abilities.
Tokyo Xanadu is due out for PS Vita in Japan on September 30.
View a set of screenshots at the gallery.