Famitsu and Dengeki PlayStation have new interviews with Kingdom Hearts III director Tetsuya Nomura this week.
Get the summary below.
- The battle system doesn’t use deck commands like Birth by Sleep, but rather classic commands like “Attack” and “Magic.”
- Free run is being implemented this time, so Sora’s mobility is a bit out of the ordinary. Beyond jumping and running, this likely consists of things like wall running and jumping, etc.
- With the exception of Olympus, most of the worlds in the game are brand new. The Tangled world was revealed at E3.
- Xehanort’s story will come to an end in Kingdom Hearts III, but the Kingdom Hearts series is not finished. (Rather, Kingdom Hearts III brings to an end the “Dark Seeker” chapter of the series.) A plan has already been decided regarding the whereabouts of some of the characters fans might be concerned about. Nomura says he wouldn’t want to do something so disappointing as just settling things.
- A landing point for the release window has been decided, but they can’t say anything yet. The latest news is promised for the D23 Expo Japan Kingdom Hearts fan event on November 3.
- Development is on track. Things like secret movies are also under consideration.
Thanks, Games Talk.