Microsoft announced Gears of War 4 and Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Xbox One during its E3 2015 press conference. Gears of War 4 is coming holiday 2016, and Gears of War: Ultimate Edition is coming August 25.
The new Gears of War was demoed on stage, following new male and female characters. The two eventually become entangled in a huge storm and rush to shelter for safety. Back outside, they find a courtyard covered in Locust pods, and are eventually met by animal-like Locust creatures, which they proceed to melee and chainsaw to death. Before the enemy gets the best of them.
Find the fact sheet for Gears of War: Ultimate Edition below. A one-week public beta will begin today. You can sign-up at the official Gears of War website.
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
The story of “Gears of War” thrusts gamers into a deep and harrowing battle for survival against the Locust Horde, a nightmarish race of creatures that surfaced from the bowels of the planet. Players live and breathe the role of Marcus Fenix. A disgraced former war hero, Marcus seeks personal redemption as he leads his fire team against an onslaught of merciless warriors from below.
- Remastered for Dolby 7.1 Surround
- 90 mins of new campaign content from the original PC game
- New Xbox Live achievements (1,250 Gamerscore)
- Concept art gallery and unlockable comics
- Modernized Multiplayer featuring:
- 60 frames per second
- Dedicated servers
- Skill-based matchmaking
- New game types – Team Deathmatch, King of the Hill (Gears of War 3 style), and new 2v2 Gnasher Execution
- Total of 19 maps, including all DLC and PC-exclusive maps
- 17 unlockable Gears of War 3 characters for Multiplayer progression
- More Match customization including Actives, Respawn Time, Self-revive and Weapon Respawn
- Modernized gameplay with smoother movement and updated controls:
- Alternate Controls and all new Tournament Controls
- All controls tuned for Xbox One
- Adding the Gears of War 3 features you love: Enemy Spotting, Multiplayer Tac-Com, Improved sensitivity customization