Nordic Games has officially announced its Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition, which we’ve known about for months thanks to retailer product listings.
Due out this winter for “current-gen consoles,” the Deathinitive Edition is a visually updated version of the sequel running in 1080p and including all of the game’s post-release downloadable content. It will also have game balancing and loot distribution adjustments.
The Deathinitive Edition is handled by Gunfire Games, a studio where nearly all staffers have worked at Vigil Games and Darksiders in the past.
“We took over the franchise roughly 2 years ago and thought about the next chapter for Darksiders ever since then,” said Nordic Games business and product development director Reinhard Pollice. “Naturally (and extremely excitedly!), there will be a large-scale project based on Darksiders, but for now it is very important for us to take care of the existing games and make those available to a broader audience. Bringing Darksiders II to current gen was a logical step for us and the team at Gunfire Games know their trade inside-out, so we easily and quickly had lots of ideas that we wanted to realize for this specific edition.”
Gunfire Games founder and president David Adams adds, “It feels good to be working on Darksiders again, after a couple of years of hiatus. This project is a great opportunity for us to pick up where we left off two years ago and dig deeper into the game, which is close to all our hearts. Bringing the definitive Darksiders II experience to life is something that we hope a lot of people will enjoy and look forward to.”
Get the Deathinitive Edition fact sheet below.
Deathinitive Edition Features
- Darksiders II with All DLCs* included and integrated into the game, offering a total playtime of more than 30 hours
- *(Maker Armor Set, The Abyssal Forge, The Demon Lord Belial, Death Rides, Angel of Death, Deadly Despair, Shadow of Death, Mortis Pack, Rusanov’s Axe, Van Der Schmash Hammer, Fletcher’s Crow Hammer, Mace Maximus, Argul’s Tomb)
- Improved Graphic Render Engine for higher visual quality especially in terms of lighting and shadows
- Improved and reworked level, character and environment graphics
- Running in native 1080p resolution
- Reworked and tuned game balancing and loot distribution
What starts with War, ends in Death.
Awakened by the End of Days, Death, the most feared of the legendary Four Horsemen, embarks upon a quest to restore mankind, and redeem his brother’s name. Along the way, the Horseman discovers that there are far worse things than an earthly Apocalypse, and that an ancient grudge may threaten all of Creation…
- Play Death: Become the most feared of the legendary Four Horsemen, able to destroy entire worlds and battle forces beyond Heaven and Hell
- Epic Universe: Unlike anything the player has seen before, delivered in the unique style of Joe Mad
- Heaven/Hell: Explore startling gameworld environments reminiscent of heaven and hell
- Player Choice & Customization: Customize your experience with varied armor sets, weapons, and skill trees allowing players to create their own Death
- Replay-ability: Explore a vast open world, complete dozens of side quests and customize your Death with a full leveling system, skill trees and endless equipment combinations
- Traversal: Death is a nimble and agile character capable of incredible acrobatic feats allowing the player to explore the world like never before
View the first screenshots at the gallery.