Marvelous has confirmed the arrival months for new Senran Kagura: Estival Versus characters Ayame, Ayane, and the girls of Battle Vixens.
But first, a free update available today adds the following new features:
- New playable characters: Daidouji-senpai and Rin.
- New stage: Outside of the Downtown Station.
- New Purupuru Finishes: Seven new techniques added.
- New costumes and accessories: Polka-dot dress, Pirate costume, and Pirate hat added (five color variations).
- Diorama Mode updates: 2D backgrounds, colored backgrounds, and 3D backgrounds added (3D backgrunds include Marvelous and Tamsoft logos, as well as logos for Japanese publications 4Gamer.net, Famitsu, Dengeki PlayStation, and Dengeki Online).
- “Momination” Multiplayer Mode (PS4-only): A new five-person mode where players are tasked with destroying five watchtowers on the map.
- Super Purupuru Finish: On specific maps while playing Momination, you can trigger a Super Purupuru Finish when you win. (You can trigger it if you lose, too, but not when Sayuri is on the team.)
You can see the new content in action in the following trailer:
Here’s the new character schedule:
July – Ayame (from Senran Kagura: New Wave G Burst)
August – Ayane (from Dead or Alive 5)
September – Hakufu Sonsaku, Uncho Kan’u, and Housen Ryofu (from Battle Vixens)
October – A red ribbon-wearing girl who appears in the game will finally join up.
Additionally, a variety of new features are also planned.
View a set of screenshots from today’s update at the gallery.