Insomniac Games’ Ratchet & Clank reboot for PlayStation 4 has been delayed to spring 2016, the studio announced.
The Ratchet & Clank movie, which the game was planned to launch alongside, has also been delayed from its planned 2015 release. It will launch in U.S. theaters nationwide on April 29, 2016.
A star-studded cast was announced alongside the date:
- Academy Award nominee and Golden Globe winner Paul Giamatti as Chairman Drek
- Golden Globe winner John Goodman as Ratchet’s mechanic mentor Grimroth
- Young Artist Award winner Bella Thorne as Galactic Ranger Cora
- Rosario Dawson as Galactic Ranger support team member Elaris
- Academy Award nominee Sylvester Stallone as Victor Von Ion, Chairman Drek’s villainous lieutenant
The video game will re-tell the origin story that ties in closely and expands upon the movie’s narrative. It will feature several new levels, re-imagined classic locales like Metropolis, new weapons, and completely redone visuals.
The developer says the delay will allow it “to further polish the game to a spit-shine level, with dazzling shader response, awe-inspiring effects, velvety smooth animations, and spectacular new gameplay segments.”
Insomniac promises it’ll be sharing more about the game “soon.”
Check out the Ratchet & Clank movie’s new poster below.