Larian Studios is bringing Divinity: Original Sin to consoles following its PC launch in June 2014, the developer announced.
Due out towards the end of the year for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One and published by Focus Home Interactive, Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition will feature a “full makeover,” including a new user interface tailored for controllers and couch-friendly split-screen, fully voiced and remastered dialogues featuring Alix Wilton Regan and Alec Newman, and “hours” of new content ranging from quests to combat-styles, locations, crafting system changes, and a reworked storyline.
PC, Mac, and SteamOS consumers of the original release will receive a free upgrade to the Enhanced Edition.
Here are some more details, via Focus Home:
Easing a new generation into the world of cRPGs, Original Sin Enhanced Edition features isometric, party-based gameplay, turn based combat in a story that will have you embroiled in a fantasy world of free exploration thanks to a new split-screen friendly UI.
- Become part of a reactive, living and open world. Explore diverse environments, find myriad creatures and tons of desirable items.
- Experience gripping, party and turn-based combat. Manipulate the environment and use skill & spell combos.
- Play in co-op multiplayer online or in local split-screen and engage in co-op dialogues. Shape your relationships with your partner that will influence the game.
- Unravel a deep and epic story, set in the early days of Rivellon. Taking place well before Divine Divinity and Divinity 2: The Dragon Knight Saga, Divinity: Original Sin presents you with a familiar world in another era.
- Classless system lets you shape your character any way you want. Endless item interaction and combinations take things to another level of freedom.
Focus Home will provide a first look at the Enhanced Edition at E3 next month.
Watch the debut trailer below. View the game’s U.K. box art at the gallery.