The PC version of D4: Dark Dreams Don’t Die will launch via Steam, the Humble Store, GOG.com, Playism, and such on June 5 for $14.99 (1,500 yen in Japan), Access Games announced.
Find the full list of changes from the Xbox One version below, via the game’s official website:
Kinect control functionality has been removed. Instead, the entire game can be played using only the mouse.
- Hand Cursor movement/selecting
- Grab controls
- Push controls
- Direction changes
- Posture changes
Kinect gesture input controls have been removed and replaced with mouse commands.
- There are new commands to do daily life activities like drinking tequila and opening fortune cookies.
- Special actions like activating Dive and Vision have been changed to new commands.
- Gesture inputs during cutscenes have been changed to new commands.
Synchronous Kinect inputs have been changed to new mouse commands.
- Actions like wiping the windows and fixing the switchboard have been customized for mouse controls.
- Other features like changing posture can now be done with the mouse.
All Kinect Commands during Synchro Stunts (QTEs) have been removed. Instead, the QTEs can be played entirely using mouse controls.
- Actions like waving both arms and swiping repeatedly have been changed into new swipe methods and commands.
- Gesture commands like swinging the bat have been changed into new commands.
- Actions like screaming into the microphone have been changed into new commands.
All Xbox One DLC is now in-game content.
- Collaboration costumes can now be acquired within the game.
- Beard DLC can now be acquired within the game.
- The parameters of various outfits have been altered.
- “Today’s Free Outfit,” a new section of Amanda’s Shop, has been added.
Along with the above changes, the user interface has also been redone.
- Changes have been made to the affected areas in order to fit the mouse controls.
All voice controls have been removed.
- Voice input during Synchro Stunts (QTEs)
- Voice selection during conversation
- Selection during cutscenes
- Shortcuts in the closet and shop
- Shortcuts in the menu
Synchro Stunt (QTE) grading has been revised.
Item parameters and locations have been revised.
Options unique to the PC version have been added.
- Resolution Settings
- Window / Full Screen Settings
- Vsync ON / OFF
- Dynamic Shadows ON / OFF
- Subtitle Language Settings（EFIGSPJ supported）
The game now runs at 60fps.
- Only capable when using the recommended settings.
Load times have been shortened.
Previously discovered bugs have been fixed.
Content unique to the Xbox ONE version has been removed.
- MELD compatibility
Unique content has been added to the Steam version.
- Steam Achievements
- Trading Cards
- Profile Backgrounds
- Cloud Saving
PC version Specifications
OS Windows 7 64-bit edition or Windows 8 64-bit edition CPU Intel Corei7 4770K @ 3.5GHz or an equivalent AMD CPU Memory 8GB RAM Graphic Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 or AMD Radeon HD 7850 (VRAM 2GB) Display 1920×1080 DirectX DirectX 11 HDD 20GB of free space Sound Card A DirectX 11 compatible card Other Keyboard and mouse necessary. Compatible with XInput controllers such as the Xbox 360 controller.
OS Windows 7 64-bit edition or Windows 8 64-bit edition CPU Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz or an equivalent AMD CPU Memory 6GB RAM Graphic Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 or AMD Radeon HD 6870 (VRAM 1GB) Display 1280×720 DirectX DirectX 11 HDD 10GB of free space Sound Card A DirectX 11 compatible card Other Keyboard and mouse necessary. Compatible with XInput controllers such as the Xbox 360 controller.
Additionally, here’s a teaser from season two of D4, which is still in development: