A new 3D action adventure RPG from independent studio Neostream called Little Devil Inside hit Steam Greenlight today. And it’s catching everyone’s attention.
The game has a mission-driven, inter-connected story, but will also offer side-events and various mini missions. Players will explore cities, forests, mountains, and deserts while meeting new characters, hiring assistants, camping, resting, and surviving.
Get some footage and a full rundown of the game below.
Little Devil Inside is a truly engaging 3D action adventure RPG game where you are thrown into a surreal but somewhat familiar setting with men, creatures and monsters to interact with, learn and hunt – survive and discover the world that exists beyond.
- Atmospheric game play experience – We want to create a world for players to feel, interact and come to terms with gradually through their engagement rather than throwing in a pre-defined setting with pre-defined plots, giving them a sword and just let them hack away for rewards.
- Mission-driven, inter connected storyline – Although there will be a main plot, we don’t necessarily intend this to be the end in itself. We wish to put our efforts and focus on all the means to an end where sometimes spawning off and attending to events and mini missions may mean momentarily losing track of your main mission. Basically we want to provide as many ways as possible to skin a cat!
- Freedom of play – Although guided by a multiple mission-driven system, it will still be up to you. Journey through the wilderness – explore cities, forests, mountains and deserts. Meet with new characters, hire assistants, camp & rest, take cover from Mother Nature and even meet with other players!
It’s all about discovering, learning and making choices.
Respond to many hidden, unexpected events. It is our hope to provide countless event-triggered scenes and mini missions to thicken your storyline and for a more engaging game play experience.
There will still be plenty of action. Confront, hack, slash, blast away creatures and monsters throughout your journey. Gain experience, rewards and information and continue.
Nothing is given for free! Explore, fight, loot and interact with the world for basic survival and needs. You’ll need to work for your rewards.
Weapons & Inventory
- Find, buy, trade or get rewarded with weapons and armor.
- Upgrade your sword or rifle.
- Buy or earn vehicles for party travel and a faster & safer journey – upgrade and maintain for maneuverability, speed and power.
The key design concept behind Little Devil Inside is minimalism but minimalism per se.
We wanted to create and design a world with a surreal but familiar look and feel with all its elements such as characters, creatures, buildings, objects and the entire environment for that matter with a level of visual detail that is minimal but sufficient enough to create a vivid imagery in the players’ minds.
As opposed to developing fully life-like, high polygon characters and objects with intense level of textures, the intended design essence and aesthetics is to create a subtle but powerful sense of emptiness for each player to fill for themselves throughout the game experience.
Certainly having the influence of, but not limited to, some all-time favorites such as XCOM series, System Shock, Legend of Zelda and Betrayal at Krondor, we believe Little Devil Inside’s unique art and design style deployed in a 3D environment will give yet a new kind of gaming experience for lovers and seekers of emotionally engaging and
challenging action adventure RPGs.
Thanks, Game Informer.