Dissidia Final Fantasy for arcades will have 14 playable characters at launch, Square Enix clarified during a live stream this morning.
On Friday, Japanese outlets reported the publisher as saying at its Closed Conference event that the game would launch with 50 characters. But this was misreported, the company said.
Rather, Square Enix is planning to have 50 playable characters in the long run, added to the game via post-launch updates.
To date, the following seven characters have been confirmed:
- Warrior of Light (Final Fantasy I)
- Onion Knight (Final Fantasy III)
- Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI)
- Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)
- Lightning (Final Fantasy XIII)
- Y’Shtola (Final Fantasy XIV)
- Ramza Beoulve (Final Fantasy Tactics)
View some footage from the broadcast below.