‘Dark World,’ the first expansion for TowerFall: Ascension, will arrive on PlayStation 4 and PC in early 2015, developer Matt Makes Games announced.
The expansion adds more playable archers, levels, power-ups, variants, trials, and other bonuses. Here’s just a bit of what’s new:
- Vainglorious Ghoul – As her appearance suggests, she captains an infamous ghost ship known as The Amaranth.
- The Amaranth – The Amaranth, it turns out, is also one of four new level sets in the expansion.
- Cataclysm – This tower uses procedurally generated levels to make sure every match is unique and surprising.
- Darkfang – The dark world counterpart to Frostfang Keep.
- Dreadwood – The dark world counterpart to Thornwood. This forest is not a friendly place, full of movement-impairing mud and motion-detecting crusher blocks. Bomb and bramble arrows can be found in this area, and mud has a habit of camouflaging bramble thorns. Tread lightly.
- Trigger Arrows – These behave like remote mines. Stick them to walls or ceilings in clever positions, wait for the perfect moment, and detonate when your opponents least expect it.
- Prism Arrows – These lock your enemies in magical prisons so they have nowhere to hide.
For further details, you can follow the TowerFall developer blog. I’m sure as the ‘Dark World’ expansion gets closer to release, the developer will share a full list of additions.
If you’re at PlayStation Experience in Las Vegas next month, the ‘Dark World’ expansion will be playable on the show floor.