FuRyu has launched the official website for The Legend of Legacy, its newly announced 3DS RPG from former SaGa developers, providing first detailed world and character information on the upcoming title.
First, the world:
Many people have challenged the legend. But then they disappeared. From an eternal slumber, the continent of illusion awakened. “The Avalon.” Waiting in that abyss, the stairs to paradise? Or the door to hell? This… “legacy” left behind by the gods of old weaves a story of unknown “truth.”
10 years ago, in the northern seas, a mysterious island suddenly emerged.
According to legend, once that place was known as “Avalon,” and it was an island large enough to be called a continent. It was said to be a thriving country where the gods lived.
In the last 10 years, many adventurers and researchers have embarked to search and investigate the island, but due to Avalon’s unique terrain and the monsters that nest there, their paths have been hindered and current research hasn’t made much progress.
The Spirit and Legacy
According to investigations made by the party sent ahead, it appears that “ghostly” figures can be seen on Avalon.
They cannot be seen by the average human eye, so why are they visible on the island?
There are several theories, but the one most likely considered is due to the power of the “legacy” left by the gods that sleeps in that land.
Throughout Avalon there are many tools and buildings standing that don’t seem to be the work of man. It’s believed that the ghostly figures have been visualized due to the power of these “legacies.”
The Star Graal
One of Avalon’s legends, “The Star Graal.”
The Star Graal is one of the legacies left behind by the gods in The Avalon.
It is said to bring “immortality” to its owner, and all the rumors about it being a secret formula for perpetual youth and great wealth stirs the heart of adventurers and has been the cause of their expedition to The Avalon.
However, it remains a thing of legend even though not a single person has seen its existence yet.
Located at the southern end of The Avalon, Initium is the island’s only town.
As a base for those who challenge the legends of the island, many adventurers visit Initium daily.
The lord of the town lives in a mansion on the high grounds and has spent the last 10 years building it up. He was the first person to discover the island of Avalon and naturally is known as “The Adventure King.”
Seven characters are playable. Players will select one as their hero and form a party of three from the rest, which can be swapped in the town of Initium.
- Eloise – Female. 24-years-old. Besides being a doctor, she is an alchemist researching immortality. Sexy, at first glance, but serious at her core. Scary when provoked.
- Liber – Male. 18-years-old. A treasure hunter traveling the world in search of treasure. He is energetic, straightforward, and optimistic. He has a strong sense of justice, despises crooked things, and loves women.
- Bianca – Female. Age unknown. When she awakened, her memories other than her name were lost. She has a gentle personality, but in search of her memories, she also has the strength the move forward.
- Meurs – Male. 27-years-old. A descendant of the clan known as the “Spirit Messengers” who have the power to communicate with spirits. The guiding voices of the spirits wander in various places.
- Garnet – Female. 20-years-old. A knight of the Emilia Church Knights. She is an earnest, stubborn, and inflexible woman with an absolute allegiance to the knights.
- Owen – Male. 36-years-old. A man of unknown origin who calls himself a “baron.” He is greedy and arrogant, but so sure of his skills as a bounty hunter he would go through hell just for money.
- Filmia – Male. Frog. Age unknown. Long ago, he was the prince of the country of frogs on The Avalon. He is polite and gentlemanly. He goes about things at his own pace and sings when he’s in the mood.
The Legend of Legacy is due out for 3DS in Japan on January 22, 2015.