Spike Chunsoft has opened the official website for Danganronpa: Another Episode, providing new details on the PS Vita action game’s story and characters.
Find the full roundup of information below.
The following contains spoilers for Danganronpa 1.
The events following in the aftermath of the slaughterings at Hope’s Peak Academy are finally coming to light….
- Two Protagonists – The heroines of this game are Komaru Naegi and Toko Fukawa, two people who meet and work together in the despair-laden Towa City. To fight against despair, Komaru is armed with a Hacking Megaphone Gun given to her by someone, while Toko and her other personality Genocide Jill can change places.
- Hacking Megaphone Gun – The Hacking Megaphone Gun is a special weapon that uses the power of language able to shoot eight different types of Truth Bullet words, including “move,” “dance,” and “destroy.” When it hits an object on the map or a Monokuma enemy, the target reacts in a number of different ways based on the word used. In addition to attacking Monokuma enemies, you’ll also need to use the gun to solve riddles and pave your way forward by hitting objects.
- Towa City – Another Episode is set in in Towa City, a state-of-the-art city run by the Towa Group, a company famous for its IT technology. A floating landfill sitting on top of the ocean, Towa City is host to a number of skyscrapers, factories, and commercial facilities, as well as the headquarters for the Towa Group itself. Concerned by the lingering global pollution that appeared in the wake of “The Greatest Despair in Human History,” the Towa Group is contributing to worldwide reconstructing efforts by developing things such as air purification systems that can remove toxic gases.
- Monokuma and the Monokuma Kids – Monokumas, which are black and white robots made to resemble a bear, have suddenly started appearing in Towa City and going after the its adults. Existing in great numbers, the Monokumas are known to take on a variety of different shapes and sizes. To make matters worse, the Monokuma Kids are also roaming the streets. A group of children wearing Monokuma heads over their own, they’re also out rampaging against adults in an effort to bring them to despair.
Another Episode stars Komaru Naegi, who’s the sort of ordinary girl you can see countless numbers of in day-to-day life. Still separated from her family a year and a half after “The Greatest Despair in Human History,” she’s forced to live a life of confinement. Having already given up hope and accepted her circumstances, Komaru finds herself facing yet more despair on top of what she already faces. Indeed, when her confinement finally does manage to come to an end, it’s not by any hero or savior, but rather… Monokuma himself. Successfully able to escape the evil robot bear, Komaru makes it back to the outside world, only to be shocked at what she sees, greeted by the sight of children hunting down adults in this so-called “World of Despair.” Her only two hopes for staying alive lie in a Hacking Megaphone Gun handed to her from a certain someone, as well as Toko Fukawa, who she just so happens to meet by chance.
- Komaru Naegi – The main character of this work and the sister of Danganronpa hero Makoto Naegi, she is an ordinary girl without a special talent. She becomes separated from her family in the wake of “The Greatest Despair in Human History,” confined to an apartment in Towa City. Although frightened and confused, she reaches out to Toko in an effort to try and escape from the city, working towards her goal little by little.
- Toko Fukawa – Returning from the original Danganronpa as another major character in the game, Toko is a student of Hope’s Peak Academy and known as the “Ultimate Writing Prodigy.” She ends up helping out Komaru for her own reasons. When she sneezes, her personality changes to that of another person—Genocide Jill.
- Genocide Jill – The other personality of Toko Fukawa, she was a serial killer who solely targeted handsome men. In this game, she is equipped with a stun gun, enabling players to change between her and Toko at will for a limited amount of time. She can also break through crowds of enemies around her using powerful scissor-based attackes. She has an eccentric personality and is constantly hyperactive.
The Warriors of Hope
The Warriors of Hope are a group of five kids who are all former classmates from Hope’s Peak Academy Affiliated Elementary School. Ascribing the name to themselves, they refer to adults as “demons” and work to make a paradise that can be enjoyed only by kids by controlling the Monokumas and using them to viciously kill the adults. With not an ounce of guilt to speak of for their crimes, they seem to be fully enjoying themselves.
- Jataro Kemuri (voiced by Sumire Uesaka)- The monk of the Warriors of Hope. Highly proficient and able to work well in most any medium when it comes to art, in elementary school, he was known as the “Ultimate Arts and Crafts Class Student.” An outstanding example of a pariah, his outlook is so alien that he only feels comfortable and in his element when he knows other people are actively detesting him.
- Masaru Daimon (voiced by Megumi Han)- The hero and leader of the Warriors of Hope. He was called the “Ultimate Gym Class Student” at the Hope’s Peak Academy Affiliated Elementary School. Good at any exercise, he can’t help but stand out as a kid with a colorful and mischievous personality.
- Monaka (voiced by Aya Hirano)- The mage of the Warriors of Hope. In grade school, she was known as the “Ultimate Homeroom Class Student.” A real socialite who enjoys exchange opinions with other people during homeroom, she’s always smiling and knows how to brighten up the mood, but is confined to a wheelchair because of her bad legs.
- Nagisa Shingetsu (voiced by Mariya Ise)- The sage and assistant leader of the Warriors of Hope. He is more serious than the other members of the group, and his speech and conduct is much more adult-like. Believed by everyone to grow up to become an elite member of society, his title is the “Ultimate Social Studies Class Student.”
- Kotoko Utsugi (voiced by Kazusa Aranami)- The warrior of the Warriors of Hope. A former child acting prodigy who grew up being spoiled, she was known as the “Ultimate Theater Class Student” in grade school. Her favorite things are anything cute, as well as peeled Japanese chestnuts.
Danganronpa: Another Episode is due out for PS Vita on September 25 in Japan.
View two new screenshots at the gallery.
Story by Sal Romano and Thomas James.