In a blog post, Imai shared new details and screenshots of the upcoming game:
- Hamatora: Look at Smoking World is reminiscent of the concept of a shared unvierse often found in American novels and comics. The game and the Hamatora animation and comic are not set in parallel universes, but in the same world.
- The game is set in the port city of Kobe and features a transfer student who awakens with a special power and suddenly finds himself involved in a battle with the other students of his high school.
- The “Hama” in the title doesn’t refer to the “hama” in Yokohama—it retains its original meaning of beach or coastline. Another idea could have been Nagasaki or the Mediterranean, but Yokohama has many similarities with Kobe.
- The game features an all original cast of characters.
- Other Kobe locations that will be featured in the game will be Motomachi, Chinatown, Shin-Nagata, and the shopping district in which the characters will spend their time.
Watch the debut TV spot below.