The Wii U spring system update will arrive next week, Nintendo has announced.
The update will add new features and improve existing ones. Changes include:
- Improved loading times when closing and switching between software.
- Ability to copy and move data between USB drives.
- Automatically install new content downloaded in the background.
- Automatically receive updates without starting up the software.
- Press the “B” button while hardware starts up to go directly into Wii mode.
- New standby function will allow you to continue downloading and installing games after you’ve turned off the system.
The update will bring with it the arrival of the Wii U Virtual Console service and a demo for Wii U Panorama View.
Watch a video explaining the update below.