Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars is a turn-based role-playing video game / card game developed and published by Square Enix.
Developed by the creative team behind the beloved NieR and Drakengard series, including creative director Yoko Taro (Drakengard series, NieR series), executive producer Yosuke Saito (NieR series) and music director Keiichi Okabe (Drakengard 3, NieR series), as well as character designer Kimihiko Fujisaka (Drakengard series), this new tabletop RPG will spark players’ imagination with a unique way of storytelling.
In Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars, players will venture through a story set long ago in a world shrouded in mystery, guided by the narrative voice of the Game Master (voiced in English by Todd Haberkorn). Set in a world of swords and sorcery, the game is told entirely through the medium of cards. Players will follow the protagonist as he sets off on a journey to defeat a recently reawakened Dragon, that is threatening the land and its people, in hopes of securing an immense reward. He is joined on his travels by his companions; Mar, a monster very attached to him, and Melanie, a black witch with a grudge against the Dragon. Players will need to make choices throughout the story, as well as join in turn-based field and dungeon battles that unfold on a board, in the manner of traditional tabletop RPGs.
Fans of the NieR series will also be able to enjoy theming their adventure with a special bundle set*, which includes the game, the Pixel Art Set downloadable content, and seven more downloadable contents themed after NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139…:
- Dress of the Bereft – Swaps the costumes of the protagonist, Mar and Melanie to the design of NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139…
- Emil’s Pattern – Swaps the reverse card design to a design resembling Emil’s clothing.
- Emil Avatar – Swaps the player’s avatar to a design resembling Emil.
- Emil Dice – Swaps the dice to a design adorned with Emil’s face.
- Grimoire Weiss Board – Swaps the battle board and accessories to designs patterned after Grimoire Wess.
- Library Desk – Swaps the table design to resemble a certain library’s stonework.
- Devola’s Music – Swaps the general background music to a soundtrack that bring to mind the journeys of a certain young man who fought to save his sister.
- Pixel Art Set – Swaps all character and enemy illustrations to pixel art.
*The items sold in this set will be available for individual purchase after the game release.
Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars News
Voice of Cards Trilogy now available for iOS, Android alongside series bundle for existing platforms
Square Enix announces Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars – tabletop RPG built of cards from Yoko Taro
Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars GalleriesView full gallery
September 23, 2021