The Computer Entertainment Supplier’s Association has announced the official streaming program schedule for Tokyo Game Show 2023, which will run from September 21 to 24 at Makuhari Messe in Chiba, Japan.
Get the details below.
■ Record-high 770 Exhibitors and 2,684 Booths (as of September 4)
As of September 4, there are 770 registered exhibitors for Tokyo Game Show 2023, with 371 from Japan (including seven participating online) and 399 from overseas (including 25 participating online). In addition, the physical venue at Makuhari Messe will have 2,684 exhibition booths. These numbers are the highest in the history of Tokyo Game Show, indicating a great anticipation for the full-scale exhibition after a four-year hiatus.
As of September 4, interim updates have been announced regarding the overview and planned exhibits. A total of 1,762 game titles have been registered for exhibition. The event, Tokyo Game Show 2023, will feature a diverse range of game genres, including highly anticipated new titles, e-sports titles, augmented reality / virtual reality games, and blockchain games. These games are designed for various platforms, such as home game consoles, smartphones, and PCs.
Tokyo Game Show 2023 will showcase hardware and furniture for upgrading the gaming environment and solutions for game businesses, providing a platform to share and experience various gaming industry developments for both B-to-C and B-to-B.
The final list of game titles for the exhibition and details of exhibitor booths and events will be announced on September 21 (Thursday), which is the first day of Tokyo Game Show 2023.
■ Tokyo Game Show 2023 Official Program Streaming Timetable Announced
The timetable of Tokyo Game Show 2023 official programs streamed during the event is announced today. During the four-day event, 25 programs will be streamed online, of which 17 are “Official Exhibitor Programs.
As a global event, this year’s TGS virtual programs will be offered in cooperation with overseas platformers and online media, including DouYu (China), bilibili (China), Douyin (China), HUYA (China), and IGN (the United States, etc.) You can also access Tokyo Game Show 2023 virtual programs from the Tokyo Game Show Special Page set up on Steam. Although most programs will be streamed in Japanese, non-Japanese speakers can enjoy them with simultaneous English interpretation. Moreover, we are preparing to have simultaneous Chinese interpretation for some programs to reach more international viewers. The latest news on the program details will be revealed on the “Preview Special” streamed at 7:00 p.m. on September 13 (Wednesday), JST.
—Tokyo Game Show 2023 Official Program Streaming Timetable
- 10:00 to 11:00 – Opening Program
- 11:00 to 12:00 – Keynote
- 12:00 to 13:00 – Gamera Games
- 13:00 to 14:00 – Amazing Seasun
- 16:00 to 18:00 – Japan Game Awards: Games of the Year Division
- 18:00 to 19:00 – Microsoft Corporation Japan
- 19:00 to 20:00 – 505 Games
- 20:00 to 21:00 – SEGA / ATLUS
- 21:00 to 22:00 – LEVEL-5
- 22:00 to 23:00 – Koei Tecmo Games
- 23:00 to 24:00 – Capcom
- 16:00 to 18:00 – Sense of Wonder Night 2023
- 18:00 to 19:00 – Koei Tecmo Games
- 19:00 t0 21:00- HoYoverse (miHoYo)
- 21:00 to 23:00 – Square Enix
- 23:00 to 24:00 – ProjectMoon
- 10:00 to 12:00 – Japan Game Awards: Amateur Division
- 13:00 to 14:00 – D3 Publisher
- 17:00 to 18:00 – GungHo Online Entertainment
- 19:00 to 20:00 – Reverse: 1999
- 21:00 to 22:00 – Oasys / double jump.Tokyo
- 10:00 to 12:00 – Japan Game Awards: U18 Division
- 13:00 to 15:00 – Japan Game Awards: Future Division
- 15:00 to 16:00 – Japan Esports Union
- 18:00 to 19:00 – Ending Program
■ Last-minute Special Preview for Tokyo Game Show 2023 Will be Streamed on September 13
Tokyo Game Show experiences growth and expansion every year. The Last-minute Special Preview program for Tokyo Game Show 2023 will be streamed online on September 13 (Wednesday), just one week before the actual event. This program will introduce various content and must-see points, including updates on exhibitors, venue maps, official programs, and Tokyo Game Show VR 2023. In the studio, Risa Unai, Tokyo Game Show 2023 Official Supporter, will be present to reveal the whole picture of the event.
- Program Name: Last-minute Special Preview for TGS2023
- Date and Time: September 13 (Wednesday) 2023, 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Watch the Program on: YouTube
■ General Admission Tickets for Overseas Visitors and Foreign Residents in Japan Now on Sale
General admission tickets for Public Days, September 23 (Saturday) and 24 (Sunday), for overseas visitors and foreign residents in Japan are currently on sale on the Tokyo Game Show 2023 official English website.
*Please note that foreign visitors cannot purchase general admission tickets on the Japanese website.
General Admission Tickets on Sale for Overseas Visitors and Foreign Residents in Japan (junior high schoolers or older)
- September 23 (Saturday) – One Day Ticket: 2,300 yen (including tax)
- September 24 (Sunday) – One Day Ticket: 2,300 yen (including tax)
*One person can purchase a maximum of 10 tickets.
* Elementary school students and younger can enter for free.
* Adults (junior high school students or older) accompanying elementary school children or younger can enter the Family Game Park for free.
* Please note that tickets are only available for purchase online. No tickets will be sold at the door.
■ Business Day Visitors Require Pre-registration with Fees (registration closes at 23:59 on September 12 (Tuesday), JST)
Tokyo Game Show 2023 will have two Business Days on September 21 (Thursday) and 22 (Friday) for visitors involved in game-related businesses. We will create an environment that is conducive to business negotiations. Business Day is open to exhibitor invitees (Business Day pre-registration ticket holders) and Business Day pre-registrants who have paid the fees. For individuals who wish to participate in Business Day with fees, pre-screening for registration is necessary, and they must pass the screening process to ensure that they are involved in the gaming industry. Pre-registration with fees will close on September 12 (Tuesday), at 23:59, JST. Register now to take advantage of this opportunity.
For more information, please visit the official website.
■ Influencers and Creators, Submit Your Entries by Sep. 13 (Wed.) to Visit TGS2023! Check the List of Game Titles for Trial Play and Streaming Available at the Creator Lounge!
We are now accepting applications from influencers and creators who wish to share news about Tokyo Game Show 2023 with a wider audience. This is the first time such an opportunity is available in TGS history. The deadline for applications is 6:00 p.m. JST on September 13 (Wednesday).
To learn more about eligibility and the application process, visit the official website.
The Creator Lounge supported by YouTube Gaming will be set up at Tokyo Game Show 2023. It is a dedicated area that influencers and creators can use during the event. The Lounge includes a cozy space where influencers and creators can socialize and an experimental booth for shooting YouTube Shorts. Influencers and creators can also play some trial games, and upload game commentary videos in a relaxing atmosphere. The game titles available for trial plays and streaming are also announced today. In addition, the Lounge will prepare special gifts for influencers and creators participating in Tokyo Game Show 2023. We welcome entries from many influencers and creators interested in visiting Tokyo Game Show 2023.
“Creator Lounge supported by YouTube Gaming” Game titles available for trial play and streaming (as of September 4).
- Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty (first round of downloadable content) – This action RPG game, inspired by the Three Kingdoms and developed by Team NINJA of the Nioh series, is a Soulslike adventure set in a dark fantasy world filled with demons. The game incorporates graceful Chinese martial arts, allowing players to switch seamlessly between offense and defense. You can indulge in the game solo or enjoy multi-play in a team of up to three players online.
- Street Fighter 6 – Players can now enjoy three new modes that are guaranteed to provide excitement in the updated game. Apart from the thrilling “Fighting Ground” mode that gives an unmatched battle experience, gamers can also explore a virtual world with their customized avatars through the “World Tour” mode. The “Battle Hub” mode lets players interact with other gamers worldwide. Brace yourself for an elevated gaming experience.
- Sonic Superstars – Experience a brand-new high-speed action game featuring stunning 3D graphics while still maintaining the classic 2D side-scrolling gameplay of Sonic. Join Sonic and his friends Tails, Amy, and Knuckles on an exciting new adventure to the mysterious North Star Islands, home to massive creatures. Use the new “Emerald Power” to face off against the villains Dr. Eggman and Fang, who are after these creatures for their selfish desires!
- Tekken 8 – Tekken 8 is the newest entry in the long-running 3D fighting game Tekken series, selling over 55 million sets worldwide. The graphics for Tekken 7 have been completely revamped in this latest version. The newly created playable characters are modeled in high resolution, with realistic water droplets on their skin and lifelike hair and muscle movement. The game pushes the limits of next-generation hardware. The battle stage is even more heavy and immersive than ever, with explosive destruction in the background and scenes of waves and tornadoes moving dynamically. (At the Creator Lounge, trial play is available only for two-player matches.)
- FOAMSTARS – Introducing a new game title for PlayStation 4 / PlayStation 5. In this game, players can engage in combat using a mysterious “foam” that remains after being shot. With a thrilling four vs. four battle format, this “Foam Party Shooter” game offers a unique combination of intense battles with a party vibe. Trial play at the Creator Lounge will be available on September 21 (Thursday) and 23 (Saturday) only.