Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam on June 30 for $29.99, Capcom announced.
Pre-orders include the four backgrounds “Missile,” “Kamila and Missile,” Sissel and Lynne,” and “Ray and the Black Cat,” as well as the music tracks “Missile, Brave Little Creature” and “Chicken Paradise,” which can be listened to in the main menu.
While the game will be digital-only in the west, the PlayStation 4 and Switch versions will be available both physically and digitally in Japan. The physical edition will cost 4,389 yen, while the digital edition will cost 3,990 yen. Pre-orders will soon be available at Amazon Japan, Amiami, Play-Asia, and other retailers.
Here is an overview of the game, via Capcom:
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective is resurrected for a 2023 re-release! Snap back into the spirit world with Sissel, an unsuspecting ghost who is mysteriously stranded in the afterlife on Earth. Decipher puzzles, crack clues, and channel supernatural abilities in this labyrinth of an adventure to find the truth behind Sissel’s death. Launching in summer 2023, Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective will be remastered with a jam-packed collection of brand new features including high-definition visuals, newly arranged and recorded music, exclusive images, and more!
- A Revived Story Mode with a Crisp Comeback – Originally released in 2010, Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective is now remastered in higher resolution with crisper and less pixelated visuals adapted for 1080 / 60 frames per second graphic quality.
- Adapted for Detectives on Different Devices – Available on PlayStation 4, Switch, Xbox One, and PC via Steam, Sissel’s chilling adventure is optimized for players to be able to play comfortably on both controller and / or touch screens (applicable only for platforms with built-in touch screen functionality).
- Three Newly Added Languages – Korean, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese have now been added to make a total of nine available languages, including English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Japanese.
- New Challenges and Fresh Trophies – Players can train their brains with Ghost Puzzles available in different modes including 3×3, 4×4, and 5×5! By completing different levels of the game, players can also win new trophies!
- Improved Menu and System Features – Enjoy the gameplay to your liking! Players can change settings to fit different preferences such as Easy-to-use Sounds, Language, and Auto-Advance Settings.
- Reimagined Music Tracks and Unique Illustrations – Yasumasa Kitagawa, the music composer for The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, has remastered a one-to-one soundtrack for the entire game! Additionally, a never-before-seen collection of Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective illustrations can be unlocked in the Extras menu.
Watch a new trailer below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.