Underwater Metroidvania game Pronty coming to Switch on March 7Currently available for PC.
Publisher Happinet and developers 18Light Game and FunZone Games will release Metroidvania / side-scrolling action adventure game Pronty for Switch via Nintendo eShop on March 7 for $14.99 / €14.99 / ￡13.99, the companies announced. Pre-orders are available at a discount price of $13.49 / €13.49 / ￡12.59.
Pronty first launched for PC via Steam on November 18, 2021.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Pronty is an underwater Metroidvania game set in a fallen underwater city “Royla” once thriving but now full of dangerous creatures combined with marine life and polluted waste. Be the weirdly cute “Pronty” and its robotic weapon/friend swordfish, players will fight with the various monsters and even some Behemoth to bring back the hope to this abandoned city and reveal the truth of Pronty’s origination.
- Unique “Underwater Javelin” Combat System – Remotely control your javelin partner to repel enemies, remove obstacles, or protect yourself.
- A Terrifying Array of Hostile and Mutated Sea Life – Encounter all sorts of creatures formed from a ghastly fusion of sea critters and marine debris. While some might look small and amusing, others might pose more problems. After all, there’s always a bigger fish…
- Swappable Upgrades for Customized Combat – Swap out useful abilities and upgrades in Pronty’s “Memory Board” to put together strategies that work for every situation and play style.
- Explore this Magnificent but Perilous Underwater City – Designed with colorful, clean line art style to depict the mysterious underwater world, created a magnificently terrifying atmosphere.
- Magnificent and Immersive Underwater Environments – The realistic underwater environment and best battle combat experience, made by sound design studio IMBA interactive, and 18light game previous work Behind the Screen composer Paul Su’s score accompanies players during their journey.
Watch a new trailer below.