The PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch versions of horror RPG The Witch’s House MV will launch on October 13, publisher DANGEN Entertainment and developer Fummy announced.
An RPG Maker MV remake of the 2012-released RPG Maker VX Japanese horror RPG The Witch’s House, The Witch’s House MV first launched for PC via Steam on October 31, 2018.
Here is an overview of the game, via DANGEN Entertainment:
A young girl, Viola, is drawn inexorably to a mysterious manor that seems to change behind her back. It is a place of pain, turmoil and death. Plumb its detestable depths and abominable history. Untangle riddles that bar your perilous path. And flee the hellish halls of The Witch’s House.
The Witch’s House, originally released in 2012, falls within the tradition of Japanese horror RPGs with heavy emphasis on puzzle-solving and jump scares. Among other entries in the genre such as Ib and Ao Oni, The Witch’s House surprised fans with pixel-art that conceals truly frightening horror.
The Witch’s House is deliberately designed with traps at *almost* every turn—sudden death is unpredictable and it keeps players on their toes. Anything can happen at any time.
With completely remastered visuals, The Witch’s House MV will feel fresh to even the most familiar old-school fans. Fans will also be greeted by a new difficulty mode that includes new events upon completion of the base game.
- Completely reimagined graphics that make for a beautifully terrifying experience.
- Brand new unlockable difficulty mode with new events and dialogue.
- Violence and gore that are not recommended for the squeamish. Player discretion advised.
- Sudden deaths that lurk around every corner and await every misstep.
- Items must be used deliberately as players solve the puzzles for themselves.
- Fixed save points (just keep an eye out for the talking black cat).
- Convenient controls with diagonal movement. Gamepads are supported and recommended.
- Headphones *strongly* recommended.