A demo for Kriegsfront Battlescaper, an editor to create mecha and in-game dioramas using a built-in photo mode, mecha builder, and level editor, is available now via Steam.
Here is an overview of Kriegsfront Tactics, via its Steam page:
Kriegsfront Tactics is a procedural turn-based mecha tactics for military sim fans where we combine elements from classic tactical strategy games, roguelikes, and lowpoly retro-style visuals.
Set in alternate 1970s during an era of conflict in Southeast Asia, you’ll play as a commander of a mecha squad sent behind enemy lines. Manage your squad, resources, and mechs. Complete missions, and survive the front another day, while facing hard decisions that will test your morality.
- Customize Your Mechs – Customize your mech’s livery, salvage or swap parts, and equip weapons.
- Recruit Pilots and Build Your Squad – Meet interesting characters and recruit them to join your cause. Each character with their own skills, traits, and stories.
- Survive 1970s Southeast Asian Jungle – Explore the jungles of Southeast Asia during an era of conflict, encounter events, and uncover secrets in this alternate 1970s world.
- Execute Tactical Mecha Operations – Plan ahead, strategize, and use your tactical prowess to outsmart your enemies.
- Metal Crunching Cinematic Combat – Watch the mayhem and destruction unfold, metal against metal
Watch the announcement trailer below. View a set of screenshots at the gallery.