Publisher Fellow Traveller and developer Pikselnesia have announced dating sim, rhythm, and narrative adventure game hybrid Afterlove EP for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC (Steam, Epic Games Store, GOG, Humble Store). It will launch in summer 2022.
Here is an overview of the game, via its store pages:
Taking place in the vibrant city of Kajarta, capital of Indonesia, Afterlove EP is a unique mix of dating sim, rhythm game, and narrative adventure, where players will inhabit Rama, a young musician whose girlfriend Cinta has recently passed away.
Whilst his close friends and bandmates are all determined to help him move on, Rama is languishing in his existence, dwelling on the promises he made to Cinta before they could be fulfilled.
But there’s one more thing keeping Rama from moving on, and that’s Cinta herself, whose voice now lives inside his head. As he explores the city with Cinta in tow, Rama’s choices and interactions will lead to a variety of possible story branches, and ultimately a number of different endings.
Also featuring beautiful, manga-tinged art from renowned artist, Soyatu, and an original soundtrack from indie band, L’alphalpha, Afterlove EP brings the less-explored city of Jakarta to life, and offers an authentic and emotional story with light replayability.
- From the Creator of Coffee Talk and What Comes After – No stranger to stories which tug at the heartstrings, Afterlove EP comes from renowned narrative designer, writer and developer, Fahmi.
- A Mix of Narrative, Adventure, Dating Sim, and Rhythm Game – Inspired by three tried and tested genres, and inspired by the likes of the Persona games, Afterlove EP will play out over the course of a month with short and accessible day, night and sleep gameplay segments.
- Multiple Endings and Story Paths – Based on the choices of the player at certain points in the game, Afterlove EP will provide a number of different outcomes to Rama’s story.
- Manga in Motion – Afterlove EP features distinctive, indie manga-inspired art from renowned Indonesian artist Soyatu.
- Visit Indonesia – Set in a vibrant and authentic recreation of modern day Jakarta, Indonesia and developed entirely by an Indonesian team.
Watch the announcement trailer below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.