Qute Corporation will release vertically scrolling shoot ’em up ESCHATOS for Switch on November 18 in Japan for 3,300 yen, followed by PlayStation 4 at a later date, the developer announced. Both versions are also planned for release outside Japan.
ESCHATOS first launched for Xbox 360 in April 2011 in Japan, bundled with Qute Corporation’s Wonderswan titles Judgement Silversword and Cardinal Sins, followed by PC via Steam worldwide in September 2015. For the PC version, Judgment Silversword and Cardinal Sins were released via a separate bundle.
Like the Xbox 360 version, the PlayStation 4 and Switch versions will include both Judgement Silversword and Cardinal Sins.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
The year is 21XX. A mysterious alien force, known only as “Purple Erosion,” has taken over the Moon! From the captured lunar base, alien UFOs begin their invasion of Earth! Using your advanced space fighter, you must repel the alien invasion, beat them back through space, and finally recapture the Moon to end the alien menace once and for all!
Enjoy a superb arcade shoot ’em up with this new classic from Qute. ESCHATOS combines modern features and graphics with classic gameplay to create a game with timeless appeal and massive fun factor.
- Multiple game modes and enjoyable difficulty settings for all levels of player skill. Choose from Original, Advanced, or Time Attack modes.
- Intuitive and fun scoring system with a high skill ceiling! Scramble to wipe out the enemy waves as quickly as possible in Original mode, manage risk and reward in the challenging Advanced mode, and outrun the time limit in Time Attack mode. High score chasers are welcome!
- Multiple weapons add strategic depth. The Front Shot is powerful, but has a limited firing angle. The Wide Shot can hit many enemies, but has short range. Finally, the Shield can inflict heavy damage and deflect bullets – but at perilously close range! Utilize all of them to get the best results, and don’t let the enemies get away!
- The dynamic camera system creates a sense of exhilarating speed as you explore 5 beautiful stages, including temple ruins, Earth’s orbit, and the alien moon base.
- Encounter massive bosses. Battle screen-filling UFOs and other strange enemies!
- Check out the top players on the online leaderboards, or share your best run with a friend using the downloadable replay system!
- Turn up the volume and enjoy a phenomenal retro-synth soundtrack composed by Yousuke Yasui!
Watch the announcement trailer below. View a set of Switch screenshots at the gallery.