The Eternal Cylinder will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via the Epic Games Store on September 30 for $29.99, publisher Good Shepherd Entertainment and developer ACE Team announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via the Epic Games Store:
In The Eternal Cylinder, players control a herd of adorable creatures called Trebhums and must explore a strange alien world filled with exotic lifeforms, surreal environments, and the constant threat of the Cylinder, a gargantuan rolling structure of ancient origin which crushes everything in its path. In this unique alien ecosystem, real-time world destruction, animal AI, and organic exploration and puzzle design all combine to deliver an unforgettable adventure.
Your Trebhums begin at the bottom of the natural food chain but can mutate and evolve with new physical attributes and abilities by eating a variety of flora and fauna. Discover and adapt dozens of mutations, including new traversal skills like flying and swimming to reach new areas, and new senses to help overcome puzzles and dangers. Your many Trebhums can each have different mutations, empowering you to create a unique herd. Each mutation will also change the physical look of a Trebhum and stacking these will generate surprising new creature designs which players will be able to organically discover as they explore this unique alien world.
- Unforgettable Alien World to Explore – Players must explore a gorgeous world which is populated with unforgettable vistas and unique landscapes which have something new to discover around every corner.
- Solve Ancient Mysteries – Explore the world to discover a vast array of challenging puzzles to solve and overcome.
- Real-Time World Destruction – Everything in the world can be destroyed in real-time by The Eternal Cylinder, so players must continuously evade its destructive path in order to survive whilst marveling at the visual splendor of its godlike power.
- Build Your Own Alien Family – Develop a nomadic herd of unique alien creatures called Trebhums. Players control one Trebhum from the herd at a time and the rest follow, but you can switch to any individual member of their herd at will. Explore the world to rescue more of your brethren and continuously expand your family. Control a herd which can grow to more than 20 members at any given time and imbue each of your Trebhums with their own unique mutations and skill sets. Players can create a custom name for each of their Trebhum, increasing the emotional bond between player and their Trebhum family.
- Unique Mutation System – Although Trebhum’s are generally frail and start their lives at the very bottom of the world’s food chain, they have the uniqueability to mutate and unlock new skills by consuming natural edibles which populate the game world. So, players must explore and experiment with a vast array of fruits, flora and alien creatures to unlock new powers and gameplay options.
- Over 50 Mutations to Discover – Players can unlock more than 50 unique mutations as they explore the world, each one of which enable new gameplay options. These include new traversal options such as the ability to fly and swim, but also new offensive moves like the ability to spit fire and create loud warning noises. New mutations allow players to explore new areas and some mutations stack thus creating a truly expansive skill set which is constantly evolving.
- A Trebhum for Everyone – Enjoy a rich variety of Trebhum designs, as each mutation combine with one another to create surprising new creatures. This allows your herd to continue to evolve as you explore new areas.
- Story Driven Exploration – The Eternal Cylinder features a deep and engrossing story for players to uncover as they continue to explore the alien world. The game explores themes of family and heritage, and the lasting power of knowledge.
- Layered Survival – Players will need to manage multiple resource-layers in order to be able to survive. These include hydration level, various temperatures each with their own impact and stamina.
- Living and Breathing Ecosystems – The world of The Eternal Cylinder is populated with more than 30 memorable handcrafted alien creatures. These creatures vary greatly in size and range from those smaller than a Trebhum, all the way to skyscraper sized leviathans who dominate the horizon. Each of these creatures features their own dedicated Al and behaves in natural ways. Players must learn their unique behaviors and discover surprising ways to utilize the natural food chain to their advantage and interact with every creature.
- Four Unique Biodomes to Discover and Explore – Players can explore four unique biodomes including alien savannas and infected habitats, each with their own dedicated ecosystems and unique creatures to discover.
Watch a new trailer below.