Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster will launch for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC via Steam on May 25 in the west for $49.99, Atlus announced. The PC version is newly announced.
A Digital Deluxe Edition will also be available for $69.99, which includes the following:
- Full game download
- Exclusive access to the game four days early, on May 21
- Maniax Pack
- Adds Dante from the Devil May Cry series
- Chronicle Pack
- Adds Raidou from the Devil Summoner series
- Note: The Chronicle Pack is available in the base game for PlayStation 4 and Switch versions. It is free downloadable content for the Steam version only.
- “Merciful” difficulty
- Adds an easier difficulty mode
- Mercy and Expectation Map Pack
- “Little Master’s Mercy”
- “Master’s Expectation”
- Shin Megami Tensei Background Music Pack
- “BGM Pack 1: Shin Megami Tensei” (two songs)
- “BGM Pack 2: Shin Megami Tensei II” (two songs)
- “BGM Pack 3: Shin Megami Tensei IV” (two songs)
- “BGM Pack 4: Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse” (two songs)
Here is an overview of the game, via Atlus:
What begins as a normal day in Tokyo turns out to be everything but, when the Conception—an ethereal apocalypse—is invoked. The remains of the world are swallowed by chaos, as a demonic revolution descends into a broken city. Caught between a battle of gods and demons, the choices you make can bring life, rebirth, or death, and determine who triumphs.
This genre-defining, infamously punishing RPG is back and now includes:
- Remastered 3D models and backgrounds.
- Additional difficulty settings for players of all skill levels.
- Suspend save – save your progress whenever you need!
- Voiced audio – choose between Japanese and English voice-overs.
- An alternate branch featuring Raidou Kuzunoha.
This release features fixes as well as patches implemented since the Japan release.
Watch a video message from director Kazuyuki Yamai below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery. Visit the official website here.
“Hello, everyone. My name is Kazuyuki Yamai, the director of Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster.
“The original Shin Megami Tensei III was released for PlayStation 2 in 2003. 18 years later, on May 25, 2021, the game will release in the west, and for the first time in Shin Megami Tensei history, globally on Steam! And you can pre-order the game now!
“Shin Megami Tensei III is a critically acclaimed title within Atlus’ history. It’s also the keystone RPG title that served as the basis for Persona 5, another title that fans love. As such, we truly focused on respecting the original game when remastering it. On top of that, we recreated the visuals in HD and tuned up many aspects of the game. I feel we were able to truly make a modern revival of the classic game. And we’ve also added an all-new voice-over track, as well as a new difficulty mode, ‘MERCIFUL.’
“With these new features, we hope any newcomers to the series can ease into the game and have an enjoyable experience playing it. To all of our longtime Shin Megami Tensei fans, and any newcomers who will be experiencing Shin Megami Tensei for the first time, we really hope you enjoy the unique world that Shin Megami Tensei III has to offer.
“It’s now only a few months until launch. But we appreciate your patience, and please continue to look forward to playing the game!”