Wired Productions will publish Luminawesome Games-developed puzzle platformer Lumote for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC (Steam), the companies announced. It will launch in 2021.
Here is an overview of the game, via Wired Productions:
Lumote, the squishiest bioluminescent creature, is on a quest to overthrow the Mastermote in this beautiful 3D puzzle platformer. In a tale of two opposing powers in a struggle for control, Lumote must possess, jump and think its way through a world of puzzles. Taking control of the world’s inhabitants, the Motes, and using their abilities to progress, their behaviour will either help or hinder you on your journey into the depths as you search for the Mastermote.
- Seafoam Moocher – Squish, bop and bounce through the world around you. Lumote may not have a face, but it still has a personality. Extremely curious, highly inquisitive and adorable!
- That’s One big World – The world of Lumote is a single massive environment containing six towers and fifty puzzles. Each tower marks your mastery of a specific Mote and unlocks a new set of puzzles to explore.
- Solve Intricate Puzzles – Set in a 3D puzzle adventure, clever and logical level design ease players in whilst increasing the complexity with each Mote you meet.
- Gorgeous Sounds – A stunning score accompanies you, deep and trance-like that will take you on a majestical electronica soundscape journey.
- rEngine – Using the original rEngine, Lumote’s puzzles are all interconnected and you can seamlessly go from one puzzle to the next as you progress.
Watch the announcement trailer below. View a set of screenshots at the gallery.