Yakuza series general director Toshihiro Nagoshi will retire as chief creative officer (CCO) of Sega and serve as creative director starting April 1, the company announced.
Sega Corporation’s management system as of April 1 is as follows:
- Hajime Satomi – Honorary Chairman of the Board
- Haruki Satomi – Chairman and CEO, Representative Director
- Yukio Sugino – President and COO, Representative Director
- Shigeru Yamashita – Vice Chairman of the Board (in charge of Amusement Contents Business HQ)
- Shuji Utsumi – Co-COO, Director of the Board (Head of Game Contents & Service Business HQ, Project Management HQ)
- Tatsuyuki Miyazaki – Executive Vice President, Director of the Board (Head of West Studios Business HQ, Deputy Head of Game Contents & Service Business HQ)
- Hideo Yoshizawa – Senior Vice President, Director of the Board (in charge of Corporate Division)
- Taketo Oshima – Senior Vice President, Director of the Board (Head of Amusement Contents Business HQ, Managing Director of MD Division)
*Toshihiro Nagoshi will continue to serve as Creative Director of Sega Corporation.
Sega Sammy Group also announced an absorption-type corporate split of Sammy Corporation and Sega Group Corporation “to transform its business structure to adapt to the external environment” and “build an even more efficient structure for the head office operations of [Sega Sammy] Group,” also as of April 1.
This corporate split will “establish a system to drive and support [Sega Sammy] Group business as a whole by integrating corporate functions and other administrative operations into [Sega Sammy Holdings],” as well as “[dissolve] the intermediate holding company in the Entertainment Contents business, and accelerate global business development by streamlining [Sega Sammy] Group’s structure and accelerating decision-making.”