The Game Awards 2020 will feature over a dozen games announced or revealed at the show for the first time, according to show creator Geoff Keighley in a Reddit AMA hosted earlier today.
Here are the key Keighley responses from today’s AMA:
- “I think there are a good dozen-plus games that will be announced / revealed at the show for the first time.” (via)
- (When asked the total number of main show reveals…) “I think around 12 to 15 or so?” (via)
- “We have announcements from big triple-A games and also smaller titles too.” (via)
- “Nothing from our main show has been leaked that I know of so far.” (via)
- (When asked if there are any “surprises” like last year’s Xbox Series X reveal…) “I guess you just have to tune in and find out!” (via)
- “Our main stage is in Los Angeles, and then nominees will join us virtually. We have the London Philharmonic joining us from London, and then something cool from Tokyo as well.” (via)
- “We have one presenter for the show that has been a dream of mine to have at the show—we’ll be announcing them soon!” (via)
- (When asked how long the show will be…) “Probably around 2.5 hours for the main show I think, similar to past years.” (via)
The Game Awards 2020 will air live on December 10 at 4:00 p.m. PT / 7:00 p.m. ET / midnight GMT. A pre-show hosted by Sydnee Goodman will begin 30 minutes earlier. You will be able to watch it on YouTube, Twitch, Twitter, Facebook, and other global video platforms.
For more on the show, visit our The Game Awards 2020 event hub.