The Medium ‘The Threats’ trailerIntroducing new character capable of ruthlessness and brutality.
Developer Bloober Team has released a new trailer for psychological horror game The Medium introducing a new character.
Here is an overview of the trailer, via Bloober Team:
The character’s face whose name will be revealed in time, is based on Marcin Dorocinski, a Polish actor who fans will recognize from the popular Netflix series The Queen’s Gambit. This mysterious figure is capable of ruthlessness and brutality and has his own revenge driven agenda. As players uncover more about his story, they will see how it connects with Marianne’s investigation.
Fans will also learn more about the spirit world, a dark mirrored reflection of the real world that symbolizes the rawest emotions such as fear and anger. And they’ll discover The Maw is not the only hostile spirit lurking there.
And here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Discover a dark mystery only a medium can solve. Travel to an abandoned communist resort and use your unique psychic abilities to uncover its deeply disturbing secrets, solve dual-reality puzzles, survive encounters with sinister spirits, and explore two realities at the same time.
The Medium is a third-person psychological horror game that features patented dual-reality gameplay and an original soundtrack co-composed by Arkadiusz Reikowski and Akira Yamaoka.
- Become a Medium – Wield unique psychic abilities reserved for those with the gift. Travel between the realities or explore them both at the very same time. Use the Out of Body experience to investigate places where your real-world self can’t go. Create energy shields and deliver powerful spirit blasts to survive the spirit world and its otherworldly dangers.
- See What’s Hidden – Delve deep into a mature and morally ambiguous story, where nothing is what it seems and everything has another side. As a medium you see, hear and experience more than others, and with every new perspective you will change your perception on what happened at the Niwa resort.
- Play in Two Worlds at the Same Time – Never-seen-before and officially patented gameplay that plays out across two worlds displayed at the same time. Explore the physical world and the spirit world simultaneously, and use the interactions between them to solve dual-reality puzzles, unlock new paths, and awaken memories of past events.
- Enter a Dark Reality Inspired by Beksinski – The Medium’s spirit world is a dark mirror reflection of our reality, a grim and unsettling place where our unpunished deeds, evil urges, and vile secrets manifest themselves and can take on a form. This world has been invented and designed under the inspiration of Zdzisław Beksinski’s paintings, Polish dystopian surrealist internationally recognized for his distinctive and strikingly ominous style.
- Music by Akira Yamaoka and Arkadiusz Reikowski – Immerse yourself in the disturbing and oppressive atmosphere of the game thanks to the original ‘dual’ soundtrack co-created by Akira Yamaoka and Arkadiusz Reikowski. Yamaoka-san is a legendary Japanese composer best known for his work on the Silent Hill series; Reikowski is a Hollywood Music in Media Awards nominee who worked on such acclaimed horror games as Blair Witch, Layers of Fear, and Observer. Now they join their creative forces for the music and songs of The Medium.
The Medium is due out for Xbox Series and PC via Steam and the Microsoft Store on January 28, 2021. It will also be available via Xbox Game Pass for Console and PC.
Watch the trailer below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.