Syberia: The World Before, the August 2019-announced latest entry in the Syberia adventure game series, will launch for PC via Steam in 2021, publisher and developer Microids announced. A demo, Syberia: The World Before Prologue, is available now for PC via Steam.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Embark on a journey across continents and through time as you piece together the puzzle of a life.
Vaghen, 1937: Dana Roze is a 17-year-old girl, who is beginning a brilliant career as a pianist. However, shadows begin to appear over her future as the fascist threat of the Brown Shadow hangs over Europe, at the dawn of the Second World War.
Taiga, 2004: Kate Walker survives as best she can in the salt mine where she has been imprisoned, when a tragic event propels her into a new adventure in search of her identity.
- Set off on an adventure across continents and through time. Play as both Kate Walker and Dana Roze as you get to the bottom of mysteries that have remained buried for too long.
- Explore the fantastic and poetic world of Benoît Sokal, with its breathtaking sceneries and iconic characters.
- Solve complicated puzzles and riddles in keeping with the tradition of the saga.
- Discover a rich and captivating story with unprecedented stakes and gripping dialogue.
- Allow yourself to be transported by the symphonic soundtrack composed by Inon Zur (Syberia 3, Fallout, Dragon Age, Prince of Persia).
Watch the announcement trailer for Syberia: The World Before Prologue below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.