Forward to the Sky will launch for Switch on February 25, 2021 worldwide, publisher Cosen and developer Animu Game announced. It will support English and Japanese audio, and English, Japanese, German, Spanish, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), and Korean language options.
In Japan, the game will be available in physical standard and special editions for 4,400 yen and 8,800 yen, respectively. The special edition includes an acrylic figure, art book, and soundtrack and theme song CD.
The Switch version of Forward to the Sky includes the following new features:
- Japanese voice-overs that were not present in the PC version.
- Difficulty options (normal, easy, and hard) that were not present in the PC version.
- Additional boss battles that were not present in the PC version.
- All event CG have been newly drawn for Switch. The CG from the PC version can be viewed via the in-game gallery.
- “Monster Wave” added for battle specialists. Includes three difficulties.
- “Tower Run Game” added. Run through a tower to collect crystals. Includes three difficulties.
- New background music that better matches the game’s world.
- A theme song sung by Mao Amatsuka, who sung the theme song for Panty Party.
Forward to the Sky first launched for PC via Steam in January 2015.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Once upon a time, there was a great tower in the sky. People were mining crystal with delight during the prosperous days. Until that disaster happened… Time past, the history had been forgotten. And now, it emerged from the clouds again—the sky tower.
Reveal the story of the sky tower!
Forward to the Sky is a third-person action adventure game in the sky tower ruin. You are going to collect all the crystal pieces to connect the story and everything will be revealed once Princess reaches the top level.
Puzzle platforming, a game features a mixture of puzzles, action and adventure. Relaxing mood, bright art, adventurous but peaceful music, simple control and combat. A game everyone are able to finish and provides additional fun of difficulty to hardcore players.
There are six unique levels to be explored. Battle the elements, run through the traps and play with interactive mechanisms to solve the puzzles. Find your path to discover the story in the sky!
Watch a new trailer below.