Turn-based RPG comedy Cthulhu Saves Christmas, which first launched for PC via Steam in December 2019, is coming to Switch via the Nintendo eShop on October 28 and PlayStation 5 “soon,” developer Zeboyd Games announced.
The console versions will add a “New Game+” mode unlocked after clearing the game, which allows you to replay the game with a few new story scenes and more difficult enemies (optional). This mode will be added to the PC version via a free update.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
The master of insanity, Cthulhu, has lost his powers (again!?) and the only way he can get them back is by rescuing Santa Claus from the League of Christmas Evil in this prequel to Cthulhu Saves the World!
Join Cthulhu, the Snow Maiden, Baba Yaga-chan, and Belsnickel as they build R’lyehtionships, fight the League of Christmas Evil, and catch the Christmas spirit! Fhtagn!
- Fight the Krampus, Mari Lwyd, and other Christmas League of Evil villains in unique, turn-based combat!
- Insanify your enemies!
- Build your R’lyehtionship levels with friends and foes in the super-streamlined life sim segments!
- Multi-character abilities!
- More chickens than you would expect in a Christmas game.
- Pacing that doesn’t waste your time!
- Fun for the whole family!
Estimated time for single playthrough on medium difficulty: around four to five hours depending on playstyle.