Publisher Digerati will release Nerdook-developed card battle murder mystery RPG The Magister for Switch and PC via Steam in early 2021, the company announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via Digerati:
The Magister is a murder mystery card battler RPG. Build and customize your deck to fight in battles, or use “Tactical Diplomacy” to pacify those who stand in your way. Gather clues and discover motives as you investigate the death of your predecessor and unmask the guilty culprit.
- Randomly-Generated Murder Mystery – A walkthrough won’t help here! The events, clues, motives, and murderer change with every playthrough. Only YOU can identify the guilty suspect.
- Tactical Card-Based Encounters – Your combat and negotiation skills are determined by the cards in your deck. Use a vast array of cards, such as “Heartstopper,” “Poison Slash,” “Weak Joke,” and “Long Talk.”
- Pacify Enemies for a Peaceful Outcome – Use “Tactical Diplomacy” as an alternative to fighting and calm foes with your conversation cards to reduce their Rage level to 0.
- Choose Your Magister – Different Magisters come with their own specialties and flaws. From cunning alcoholic to intelligent insomniac—every variation defines a different adventure.
- Recruit a Human Ally or Furry Companion – If needed, a Mercenary, Spy, or Sage can be recruited to assist in your investigation. You can also befriend one of the local cats or dogs to fight by your side in battles.
- Set in a Captivating Fantasy World – You have 14 days to wander Silverhurst and befriend or intimidate its inhabitants as you race against time to unmask the murderer.
Watch a new trailer below.