The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu has new information on Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy, including first details on the game’s “Real-Time Tactics Battle” system and newest sub-characters.
Get the details below.
Battle System: “Real-Time Tactics Battle”
- Your AP increases by guarding against enemy attacks with precise timing.
- When the player character carries out suggestions made by party members called “Action Orders,” a powerful skill called an “Order Skill” will activate.
- When you have built up a large amount of AP, you will be able to use multiple skills one after another with “Skill Chains.” This powers up your skill and increases your CC gains.
- Your gauge will build up as you use skills, and when it exceeds a certain value, your Tactics Level (T-Lv) will increase, allowing you to freely use skills without consuming AP for T-Lv. (In the first game you had to either use AP or level up your T-Lv to use skills.)
- When character level reaches a certain level and T-Lv reaches its max, you can activate a special move called “Fatal Drive.”
- CC builds up as you use skills. By building up CC, you can use multiple items one after another (up to four).
- There is also a special move called “Core Drive,” which you can activate by using items.
- Zephine Baudouin (voiced by Rikako Aida) – Manager and face of the cafe in the academic district of the royal capital.
- The cafe is a place where you can accept requests. The bulletin board is updated daily. There are requests that you can accept throughout town, as well as those that develop into a series of side stories.
- Cassandra Cappelli (voiced by Sayumi Suzushiro) – The daughter of a farmer in the farming district in the royal capital. She is the oldest of five sisters.
- Romy Vogel (voiced by Yuki Nagaku) – She returns from Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout. She has settled in the royal capital.
- Dennis Holland (voiced by Ryou Yaginuma) – A blacksmith in the royal capital.
Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy is due out for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and Switch on December 3 in Japan, and for PC via Steam in January 2021. A western release is planned for this winter.