Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star and Fate/EXTELLA Link are now available for iOS and Android in Japan for 2,440 yen each.
Here are the download links for each title and platform:
Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star and Fate/EXTELLA Link are also available for PlayStation 4, Switch, PS Vita, and PC via Steam worldwide.
Here is an overview of each game, via their Steam pages:
EXTELLA—A new world unlike any ever seen.
Across the virtual realm of SE.RA.PH, Masters of digital magic commanded their Servants, great heroes and villains of history and lore, to fight in the Holy Grail War. The prize was the “Holy Grail” itself—aka the Moon Cell Automaton, a lunar supercomputer with the power to grant any wish.
Though the war has ended, with the Servant Nero and her Master on top, all is not well. Not only is Nero’s rival Servant already leading an uprising, but a new challenger waits in the dark, ready to tear through reality itself to strike at her heart.
Nero prepares to defend her new throne. Beside her stand her Master and a few loyal allies. Ahead lies not only an ocean of enemies, but an ancient secret far more terrible than any war…
Fate Heads for a New Stage!
The famous Fate/EXTRA series strikes a path to a new stage with Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star. Many of the fan favorite characters including the ancient Heroic Spirits (Servants) summoned by the Holy Grail, will make their appearances. This game has been reborn as a high-speed action battle where you go against the enemy and their army. You can also take the time to enjoy the deep story of the Fate series.
- A Variety of Fate Universes Collide – Not just Fate/EXTRA Servants, but characters from Fate/stay night, Fate/Apocrypha, Fate/Grand Order, Fate Zero and other Fate series will make appearances. You can enjoy the game in Japanese audio with English subtitles. Chinese, Korean, and Japanese text is also available.
- A Brand-New Story from the Series’ Author, Kinoko Nasu – As the original creator of Fate/stay night and the scenario writer of Fate/EXTRA, Kinoko Nasu has created a completely new scenario for Fate/EXTELLA. The universe and characters of Fate will evolve.
- A Large Story Told from Different Perspectives – In Fate/EXTELLA, the story will be told from the independent perspectives of three heroine Servants. Various side stories are also included, creating a structure that will shed light on the main story.
- A New Way to Battle – As the first action game in the Fate series, players will finally be able to control a Servant and perform various moves, including a powerful form change ability to transform Servants. Engage in intense battles on the ground or in mid-air to annihilate the enemy forces!
Amidst an ongoing battle for domination, the new Servant Charlemagne makes his debut
Above the ruined earth lies the realm of SE.RA.PH, a virtual world inside a lunar supercomputer. In this last refuge for humanity, powerful Servants—sentient, digital recreations of famous figures from Earth’s lore and history—battle rogue programs (and each other) to establish dominance and enforce their kind of peace.
But peace may never come again, now that a new threat has arrived to wage apocalyptic war. Standing against the destruction is the hero Charlemagne, a dashing young knight with a hint of sadness behind his bright smile. Join Charlemagne and his comrades—the bumbling paladin Astolfo, the flamboyant Emperor Nero, the mischievous fox spirit Tamamo no Mae, the cynical rogue Robin Hood, and many others—as they rush across the battlefield in the name of humanity.
The Next Step in High-Speed Hack-and-Slash Action
- Action gameplay refined for speed and intensity – Chain quick and heavy attacks to deliver spectacular combos. Devastate your opponents with all-new team mechanics.
- Seize victory within an ever-changing battlefield – The conditions for winning battles will often change–so be on your toes! Take on dozens of extra missions for challenges from rescue operations to all-out assaults.
- Take on Masters across the world – Battle online in four-on-four matches against up to seven other players. Featuring 10 new Servants from across the Fate universe, for a total of 26!
Watch a set of launch trailers below.