Publisher HypeTrain Digital and developer Nearga released a new gameplay trailer for Voidtrain, its first-person action and survival game due out this fall for PC via Steam, during IGN’s Summer of Gaming 2020 live stream.
Here is an overview of the game, via HypeTrain Digital:
Voidtrain is a first-person action/survival game where you become a crew member of an interdimensional express. Build your own train and explore a new mysterious world full of outlandish creatures, Nazis and other dangers. Available in single player or online multiplayer.
In the beginning of their adventure a player only gets a slow push-trolley. By gathering the debris around them, players can both build crafting tools and benches and upgrade the train. The initial trolley can be upgraded in several ways—a player chooses whether they want to extend it by adding an extra train car, make it faster with a steam, diesel or tesla engine, or boost the train’s defence by building walls around it.
The more upgraded the train is, the faster it moves. And, of course, the faster the train moves, the more challenging the game becomes. Moreover, it regularly checks on a player’s progress and adapts the further challenges accordingly.
- Floating Islands – A lot more dangerous than they look and infested with unique fauna. Use your weapon arsenal to drive them away. Explore the islands for resources and loot.
- Puzzle Islands – Solving the puzzles earns players special rewards.
- Build the Locomotive – Players will face many obstacles on the way, including floating minefields, large flying predators and more.
Upgrade the train’s defense capabilities to overcome the challenges.
- Interdimensional Train Depots – The depots are the interim stops between worlds (biomes), taken over by Nazis. Players will have to defeat the Nazis and free their hostages. Doing so awards generous rewards. Each depot allows players to enhance their train.
- Void Cards – During the depot stops players can use special items to make their next journey a lot more difficult. With higher risks comes higher rewards.
- Increasing Difficulty – The better equipment and train progression you have, the harder the challenge becomes, scaling with your abilities.
Watch the trailer below.