Publisher Deep Silver and developer Owlcat Games will release Pathfinder: Kingmaker Definitive Edition for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on August 18, the companies announced during IGN’s Summer of Gaming 2020 live stream.
Pathfinder: Kingmaker Definitive Edition includes the Pathfinder: Kingmaker base game, as well as the “Beneath the Stolen Lands,” “Varnhold’s Lot,” “Bloody Mess,” “The Wildcards,” “Arcane Unleashed,” and “Royal Ascension” expansions. There is also a new a turn-based combat mode, which will be added to the PC version via a free update.
“The turn-based mode brings the game even closer to the tabletop experience, providing the players with more precise control over the battlefield,” said Owlcat Games head of studio Oleg Shpilchevskiy in a press release. “Our point was to have both modes—real-time with pause and the new turn-based mode—in a perfect co-existence so players can smoothly switch between both to adjust the gameplay at any time to their needs. It settles the long-running debate among the fans which mode is better for Kingmaker since they can go from an action-oriented real-time combat style to a more tactical one within a single encounter.”
Here is an overview of the game, via Deep Silver:
Pathfinder: Kingmaker takes players on tour through the infamous Stolen Lands, the dangerous and turbulent territories well known within Pathfinder fandom. The computer RPG revisits familiar characters and well-known locations of the “series” lore and treats players to brand new adventures, deadly foes, and unforeseen twists and turns. Fans of the fantasy pen-and-paper RPG will experience its epic, heroic universe in new ways while computer RPG gamers will discover their favorite genre in a more contemporary light, in stunning 3D graphics that bring the universe to life.
Pathfinder: Kingmaker will challenge players as both adventurers and rulers as they claim explored lands and carve their kingdom from the wilderness. Kingdom founding goes beyond simple stronghold-building to become a true reflection of the hero’s character and choices made throughout the game. Each kingdom is a living thing shaped by alignment, choices, allies, and the hero’s ability to lead his or her people.
The Definitive Edition features all previously released downloadable content:
- Pathfinder: Kingmaker – The Wildcards – Intrepid explorers of The Stolen Lands can discover a new playable race the Tieflings, harness the power of a newly playable class Kineticists, and booster their party with the companion the Tiefling Kineticist, who brings her own and rich, engaging storyline.
- Pathfinder: Kingmaker – Varnhold’s Lot – Just as you were claiming your first title, another hero of the Stolen Lands became a baron too: Maegar Varn, captain of the Varnling Host mercenary band and rightful ruler of Varnhold. In this downloadable content, you join Varn as his general, and experience ’Varnhold’s valorous history first-hand. Playing a full new storyline that runs parallel to the main story, players will import the results of this adventure to their main story, facing the consequences of their choices when moving forward with their main party and storyline.
- Pathfinder: Kingmaker – Beneath The Stolen Lands – Beneath The Stolen Lands, valiant adventurers meet with the self-proclaimed protector of Golarion and discover what secrets lie buried beneath the Stolen Lands, in a shifting labyrinth of madness where nothing is what it seems as they defend the lands against one of the most deadly enemies the world has ever seen. Enter the dungeon as your main character. Alternatively, you can wait for an invitation from a mysterious protector of Golarion as you play through the main story. The pre-set version of the dungeon is included in the main campaign, allowing you to use your character and companions to conquer the Tenebrous Depths.
- Pathfinder: Kingmaker – Bloody Mess – The name says it all – adding more blood and gore to the game as an additional option.
- Pathfinder: Kingmaker – Arcane Unleashed – Downloadable content adding more magic and spells to the game.
- Pathfinder: Kingmaker – Royal Ascension – Includes Soundtrack, Digital Artbook, two in-game portraits, board game module, hi-rez map, and a red panda.
- Story Rich – Hundreds of kingdoms have risen and fallen in these lands.
- Conquer – Conquer new regions and claim them as yours.
- Characters Customization – Create heroes and customize your character choosing from more than 1000 different abilities, skills, and feats.
- Focus on Companions – Meet 12 characters including iconic one from the Pathfinder setting itself.
- Kingdom Building – Expand your Kingdom, build new towns and community.
- Play Your Way – Fight in real-time with pause or switch to turn-based mode to have a better control over the fight placement.
Watch the announcement trailer below. View a set of screenshots at the gallery.