Merge Games has announced physical standard and “Signature” editions of Streets of Rage 4 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC due out this summer.
The Signature Edition includes a copy of the game; five limited edition enamel pins featuring Cherry Hunter, Blaze Fielding, Axel Stone, Adam Hunter and Floyd Iraial; a numbered collector’s certificate; Axel Stone’s blue bandana with a Streets of Rage 4 logo; outer sleeve featuring alternative artwork; and a sturdy “Sierra” box with foam insert.
Pre-orders are available now at the following links:
- PlayStation 4 ($34.99 / £29.99 / €34.99)
- Xbox One ($34.99 / £29.99 / €34.99)
- Switch ($39.99 / £34.99 / €39.99)
- PC (€29.99 / £24.99)
Here is an overview of the game, via Dotemu:
The first mainline series entry in more than 25 years, Streets of Rage 4 infuses the series’ classic elements with a modern evolution of gameplay, art and design, giving fans an authentically faithful tribute which still offers a distinctive experience.
- An All-New Story: Discover and counter new threats to the metropolis in events set 10 years after Streets of Rage 3.
- New and Returning Fighters: Series veterans Axel, Blaze, and Adam team up with newcomers Cherry and Floyd for a glorious beatdown-fueled return to form.
- Gorgeous Hand-Drawn Artwork: An intricate, neon-soaked envisioning of Wood Oak City brings its districts and brawlers to life through fluid animation and striking designs.
- Evolved Combat: New combo possibilities, risk-reward health recovery, and clever refinements give Streets of Rage fans ample opportunities to rack up killer combos.
- An Electrifying All-Star Soundtrack: Lead Composer Olivier Derivière upholds Streets of Rage’s signature sound while adding new sonic direction with substantial contributions from series composers Yūzō Koshiro and Motohiro Kawashima and an East Meets West all-star lineup of contributors.
- Retro Pixel Characters: Embrace your nostalgia by fighting like hell to unlock a dozen pixel characters complete with their original movesets from Streets of Rage 1, 2, and 3.
- Pulse-Spiking Throwback Music: Knock out enemies to timeless songs selected from Streets of Rage 1 and Streets of Rage 2 soundtrack.
- Online and Offline Co-Op: Call friends in for backup and let loose via two-player online and four-player offline co-operative play.
- A Feud-Ending Battle Mode
- A Relentless Boss Rush Mode: Prove your might against an onslaught from the deadliest opponents in Wood Oak City.
- A Fair Fight for Everyone: Choose from a range of five difficulty settings to suit your play style, whether you’re a newcomer learning your first combos or a hardcore fighter looking for a brutal challenge.
Streets of Rage 4 is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam.
Watch a trailer below. View a set of box shots at the gallery.