Business simulation game Port Royale 4 will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam and the Kalypso Store on September 25, publisher Kalypso Media and developer Gaming Minds Studios announced.
Starting today, users who purchase Port Royale 4 for PC via the Kalypso Store will receive instant access to the closed beta, which includes all tutorials, the complete Spanish Campaign, and the complete Free Mode with the nation of Spain and four playable character classes. More content and updates will be added to the closed beta leading up to the official release. The beta is only available in English.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Set sail and join the colonial powers of Spain, England, France and the Netherlands in their fight for supremacy of the Caribbean in the 17th century. In Port Royale 4 you will take control of a colony as a young and ambitious governor who is eager to learn what it takes to manage and grow his small settlement into a bustling trader city.
Develop production chains connecting multiple islands and create complex trade routes across the Caribbean, covering the ever-growing needs of the respective cities. Make use of the detailed sea map to avoid stormy weather regions, cliffs or shallow waters. Fulfill tasks for your nation’s viceroy, earning more fame to unlock town buildings, ships and more. Conquer the cities of rival nations or hunt down their fleets with a letter of marque while also keeping a keen eye out for pirates and other privateers.
For the first time in the series, naval battles will be turn-based, with up to 10 ships battling at one time and tactical captain maneuvers that can turn the tide in even the most hopeless of situations for a glorious victory.
- Take on four extensive single player campaigns following each nation on their path to supremacy.
- Establish and manage trade with 60 Caribbean cities in a huge 3D game world. Steer clear of cliffs, shallow waters and stormy weather regions to optimize your trade routes.
- Select from 50 buildings, including 25 production sites, to produce goods like rum or luxuries. Construct town buildings with neighborhood effects to optimize productivity and manage the overall happiness of your citizens.
- 18 historically authentic ship types from the 17th century.
- Engage in tactical, turn-based naval battles with powerful captains.
- Licenses, building permits, new buildings and ships can be unlocked by growing your reputation within your nation.
Watch a trailer for the closed beta below.