Sky: Children of the Light coming to Switch this summerThe first home console release for thatgamecompany's mobile game.
Sky: Children of the Light, which first launched for iOS in July 2019 followed by Android in December 2019, is coming to Switch via the Nintendo eShop this summer, developer thatgamecompany announced.
According to the developer, the Switch version “will be the first home system and console release… with hope to support cross-play functionality so everyone can connect and play together.”
Here is an overview of the game, via Nintendo.com:
Fly with friends.
From the award-winning creators behind Journey (2013 Game of The Year) and the highly-acclaimed Flower, comes a ground-breaking social adventure that is set to warm your hearts.
Welcome to the enchanting world of Sky, a beautifully-animated kingdom waiting to be explored by you and your loved ones.
In Sky, we arrive as the Children of the Light, spreading hope through the desolate kingdom to return fallen Stars to their constellations.
In the kingdom of Sky, you can…
- Soar and explore seven dreamlike realms to uncover the mystery.
- Encounter and socialize with like-minded players from around the world.
- Feel free to express yourself with a delightful selection of character customizations.
- Team up with others to adventure into darker realms, save spirits and uncover ancient treasures.
- Gift candles of light to share appreciation and grow friendships.
- Enjoy a unique musical experience and create harmonies together.
- Join an ever-expanding world with new upcoming attractions, including seasonal events and expansion of realms.
Watch the Switch announcement trailer below.