While platforms are “to be determined,” according to the official press kit, the a PlayStation YouTube trailer confirms a PlayStation 4 version, and it will be playable on Switch at PAX East 2020, which runs from February 27 to March 1 at the Boston Convention Center.
Here is an overview of the game, via Yacht Club Games:
Delve with Shovel Knight into the depths of the Pocket Dungeon on an action-packed puzzle adventure mashup like none other! Join your mysterious guide Puzzle Knight as you shovel through scads of foes, procure new equipment, and battle bosses both familiar and new. Explore a tale with endless twists and turns, quest as your favorite heroes, and even challenge a friend for fast-paced head-to-head competition in Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon!
- Enter a world of falling block puzzle games, with a dungeon-crawling twist! An all-new hybrid that’s never been seen before.
- Bump into enemies to battle them and trade damage in a unique combat system. Group foes together for massive chain attacks while grabbing keys, power-ups, and potions to refill your health!
- A bold new visual style complements a new story. Learn the ropes from your pal Puzzle Knight as you attempt to escape the mysterious Pocket Dungeon. Shovel Knight’s signature storytelling and humor are on full display!
- Take control of more than 10 of your favorite heroes from the Shovel Knight universe, each with a unique power and play style.
- Equip yourself on the fly with a treasure trove of items and equipment. Mix and match your loadout to prepare for any encounter.
- Play in a variety of ways with Story Mode, 2 player competitive Versus Mode, and much more.
- Another incomparable soundtrack in a new style by astonishing virtuoso Jake Kaufman!
Watch the announcement trailer below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.