Wreckfest will launch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on August 27, publisher THQ Nordic and developer Bugbear Entertainment announced.
The demolition derby-themed racing game will be available in both standard ($39.99 / €39.99 / £34.99 / RUB 2,599 / AUD 59.95) and digital deluxe ($59.99 / €59.99 / £54.99 / RUB 3,599 / AUD 99.95) editions. The latter includes a Season Pass that includes access to 20 new cars, 20 special roof decorations, and additional car customizations like armor, rims, and more.
“It’s a great day! Bugbear Entertainment has been working hard on Wreckfest and we are happy to finally welcome the console players to the racing tracks,” said Bugbear Entertainment CEO and creative director Janne Alanenpaa in a press release. “We’ve improved the PC version from 2018 tremendously, new tracks, cars, options, customizations and more—It’s the best banger racing experience ever.”
The PC version of Wreckfest will receive a free update with the new content added to the console versions day and date with their release. It will add:
- Three entirely new tracks and 1 new derby arena
- Three new crazy challenge vehicles
- One new reward car for finishing the carreer
- New and improved career events
- Several new paintjobs for existing vehicles
- Additonal daytimes for all tracks
- …and more
Here is an overview of the game, via THQ Nordic:
Expect epic crashes, neck-to-neck fights over the finish line and brand-new ways for metal to bend—These are the once-in-a-lifetime moments that can only be achieved in Wreckfest, with its true-to-life physics simulation crafted by legendary developer Bugbear, who also brought you FlatOut 1, 2, and Ultimate Carnage. Burn rubber and shred metal in the ultimate driving playground!
- Awesome Cars – Old, banged-up, patched-together cars that simply ooze style! From old American heavy-hitters to agile Europeans and fun Asians, you won’t find anything like this in other games.
- Meaningful Customization – Change not only the look of your cars but also upgrade their body armor.
- Multiplayer – Wreck your friends online and take racing to the limit while chasing for demolition dominance!
Watch a new trailer below.