BitSummit 7 Spirits, the independent games exhibition that runs from June 1 to 2 at the Kyoto International Exhibition Hall Miyako Messe, has revealed its stage schedule (including featured guests) and floor map.
The following guests will speak at the event:
- Keita Takahashi (Katamari Damacy, Noby Noby Boy, Wattam)
- Shuhei Yoshida (Sony Interactive Entertainment Worldwide Studios)
- Too Kyo Games (former Danganronpa developers)
- Kris Piotrowski (Capybara Games, Below)
- Dave Crooks (Enter the Gungeon)
- Adam “Doseone” Drucker (Enter the Gungeon)
- Atsushi Inaba and Takahisa Taura (PlatinumGames)
- Inti Creates
- Kojia “IGA” Igarashi (Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night)
- Keiji Yamagishi (Ninja Gaiden, Tecmo Bowl)
- Kaori Nakabai (Ninja Gaiden III, Captain Tsubasa)
Here is the full schedule:
June 1 (Twitch)
- 10:00 – BitSummit Official Opening Ceremony – Join us for a quick introduction of some of the key people that help put the spirit into BitSummit 7 Spirits!
- 10:20 – Kris Piotrowski: The Weight of A World – This talk discusses Below’s world design sensibilities, exploring the key concepts considered and learned throughout the creation of Below’s gloomy subterranean environments.
- 11:00 – PlatinumGames: Training the Next Generation of Disruptive Creators – Making original disruptive games requires disrupting your creators as well. Atsushi Inaba and Takahisa Taura talk about how creative development starts from within
- 11:40 – Pixel Art Game Panel: For the Love of Pixel-art – The indie game world wouldn’t be where it is today without some amazing pixels. We talk with teams who have worked on games known for some beautiful pixel art!
- 12:20 – Inti Creates’ Next Big Thing – Inti Creates joins us at BitSummit for an exclusive world-premiere of their latest and greatest title!
- 13:00 – Saturday Keynote: The Publishing Path Less Traveled – Flexiblity in Publishing – Two industry Giants, Shuhei Yoshida and Keita Takahashi talk about how Wattam initially started as an SIE title before moving on to a different direction.
- 13:40 – Indie Game Festival Report! – YouTube Gaming’s Iku Igarashi talks about the Indie Games Festival 2019, a look-back on last year, and this year’s contest.
- 14:20 – It’s an Indie, Indie World After All! – A roundtable discussions with many creators from around the world featured in the BitSummit World Pavilion.
- 15:00 – Devolver Digital: Enter the Gungeon Super Star Panel with LayerQ – One of BitSummit’s coolest parts is the ability to have a casual talk with some of the most talented indie creators around the world. Join the Enter the Gungeon team for an open discussion about indie development!
- 15:40 – The Messenger’s Dynamic Duo Cross-talk Panel – A candid Q&A session with the dynamic duo responsible for one of the biggest indie hits of 2018, The Messenger!
- 16:20 – BitSummit Live Concert: Bravewave Presents – Keiji Yamagishi & Kaori Nakabai Present Ninja Gaiden (NES) Live.
June 2 (Twitch)
- 10:00 – Day 2 Opening Ceremony – We welcome folks to the last day of BitSummit and recap some of the great sessions from Day 1!
- 10:20 – The NES’s Everlasting Impact and Legacy: Kazutoshi Iida / James Newman / Iain Simons – The NES (Famicom) and it’s continued legacy on games, the English market, and indie developers. Featuring two of famous game historians James Newman and Iain Simons.
- 11:00 – IGA: A Bloody, Bloodstained Development – IGA talks over the final weeks to the games release and live plays the game!
- 11:40 – The Creative Collaborations in La-Mulana 2 – With the console release of La Mulana 2 just weeks away, Takumi Naramura talks about some of the creative collaborations with other developers they have included in the game.
- 12:20 – Adventure Games from Around the World – The adventure game continues to be a genre that inspires many different creators. We’ll focus on 3 different indie teams from around the world that are focused on this popular genre.
- 13:00 – Sunday Keynote: We are Too Kyo Games!!! – We’ll give an update on where we are at our second year as an indie dev. It’s both scary and awesome to have complete freedom as a developer and we’ll give you the inside scoop!
- 13:40 – The DWI and its big plans! – The dawn of DWI! What we do, who we’ve worked with, and a bright indie future!
- 14:20 – What Indie Publishers Want! – A round table discussion with four different indie publishers about what they look for in indie content.
- 15:00 – BitSummit Live Concert: Nice Legs
- 15:25 – BitSummit Live Concert: Doseone
- 16:00 – 7th Annual BitSummit Award Ceremony – The awards and closing ceremony of BitSummit 7 Spirits! Please join us in celebrating these amazing creators at the main stage!
Read more about BitSummit 7 Spirits here.