Bubsy: Paws on Fire!, which was previously planned for release in April, will now launch for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC (Steam) on May 16, publisher Accolade and developer Choice Provisions announced.
The PlayStation 4 and Switch versions will be available both physically and digitally in $29.99 standard and $39.99 limited editions on Amazon. The limited edition includes a copy of the gaem, CD sampler of the original soundtrack, and a deluxe Player’s Guide with never before seen images of Bubsy and his crew. The Switch version also includes a reversible custom cover.
Here is an overview of the game, via Accolade:
- Four playable characters, each with their own unique game mechanics! Fly and shoot your way through the air as The Woolie, take it underground with Arnold’s bonus levels, or run your way to victory with Bubsy and Virgil Reality!
- An all-new story featuring the unlikely alliance between Bubsy and his archrivals, The Woolies!
- Over 140 levels and variations set across three different worlds!
- Three different boss battles!
- A unique combo system and set of leaderboards for every character!
- A shop with costumes and cosmetics, all of which players can unlock just by playing the game. There are no in-game purchases!
- Unique character dialog for every level!
- A variety of unique collectible types, ensuring maximum re-playability!
- The return of Oinker, Terri, Terry, and many other characters from previous Bubsy incarnations! We’ve even included Virgil Reality from the Bubsy pilot–we dug deep!
Watch a new trailer below. View a set of box arts at the gallery.