Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince will launch this fall alongside a newly announced Trine: Ultimate Collection, publisher Modus Games and developer Frozenbyte announced.
Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince will be available both physically and digitally for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC for $29.99, while Trine: Ultimate Collection will be available physically and digitally for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC for $49.99. The Ultimate Collection includes all four Trine games.
Here is the latest trailer for Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince:
And here is an overview of both Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince and Trine: Ultimate Collection:
Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince
The most complete Trine ever created!
Trine returns in 2.5D! The three heroes of the best-selling adventure series are back, sent on a quest to retrieve the troubled young Prince Selius. Amadeus the Wizard, Pontius the Knight, and Zoya the Thief are joined together once again on a thrilling quest through fantastical fairytale landscapes teeming with danger.
Prince Selius suffers from intensely dark dreams and due to his magical talents, monstrous nightmares are able to slip into reality and wreak havoc on the waking world. Amadeus, Pontius, and Zoya must find the afflicted prince and resolve the desperate situation before the world is engulfed by the Nightmare Prince’s shadows.
Trine 4 reaches new heights in the series, bringing the most complete gameplay experience ever to fans and new players alike!
- Gorgeous, 2.5D landscapes. Explore uniquely designed levels in beautiful, 2.5 dimensions, from breathtaking ruins and haunted tombs to tranquil birch groves and blueberry forests.
- Local and online multiplayer. Play with up to four players online or in local co-op.
- Captivating storytelling. Follow the story of a haunted prince as you journey through magical fairytale landscapes inhabited by friendly creatures, as well as a host of nightmarish foes.
- Dynamic puzzle-solving. Solve puzzles – solo or with friends – that feature fire, air, light, magnets, electricity and more, with challenges tailored to the number of players.
- Abundant skill trees. Unlock diverse abilities and amazing new skills.
- Completely revamped combat system. Experience the heroes’ own bloodcurdling nightmares in boss fights featuring an enriched combat system with fresh challenges and thrilling action!
- Enchanting soundtrack. Enjoy a wondrous soundtrack with songs that bring life to each new environment.
Consumers who buy Trine 4 at retail will receive:
- Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince
- Physical Trine 4 world map
- Pre-order Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince at select retailers to get a Trine 4 cloth poster and bonus in-game content!
Trine: Ultimate Collection
All four chapters of the Trine series!
With the full quadrilogy in one convenient bundle, Trine: Ultimate Collection is the definitive way for new players and veterans alike to experience all four games in the Trine-verse.
The Trine series begins with Amadeus the Wizard, Pontius the Knight, and Zoya the Thief on a journey across a forsaken and ruined kingdom. Bound to a mysterious artifact called Trine, the three unlikely heroes use their unique skills to battle the undead, navigate treacherous environments, and solve challenging physics-based puzzles across a collection of perilous quests in this best-selling adventure series. Through the first three titles, the protagonists will come to discover, understand, and seek to control the powers bestowed upon them by Trine.
Serving as a capstone to the original trilogy, Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince is the newest entry to the franchise that elevates it to new heights. The three heroes are joined together once again as they search for Prince Selius, a troubled young noble who is afflicted with intensely dark dreams. Due to his magical talents, monstrous nightmares have materialized in reality to wreak havoc and it’s up to the heroic trio to resolve the situation before the world is consumed by the Nightmare Prince’s shadows. Featuring a return to the beloved 2.5D style, new ways to play, and the most content in a Trine title to date, Trine 4 is the sequel that epitomizes the best of the franchise.
- The complete Trine experience. Trine: Ultimate Collection includes Trine Enchanted Edition, Trine 2: Complete Story, Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power, and the all new Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince.
- Physical edition bonuses. A limited-run physical version of Trine: Ultimate Collection will be available at select retailers globally. In addition to the Trine 1, 2, 3, and 4 games, this packaging includes a physical map depicting the world players will traverse, the enchanting Trine 1, 2, 3, and 4 soundtracks (download code), and a Trine 4 digital artbook (digital code).
- Intuitive puzzles. Harness the elements themselves and experiment with new skills to overcome challenges and obstacles.
- Dynamic real-time combat. Switch between characters on the fly and adapt to any situation.
- Boundary-pushing graphics. Immersive atmosphere with next-gen visuals create a fantasy world begging to be explored.
- Meaningful character building. Earn experience points and invest into upgrades for the heroes’ abilities.
- Rewarding exploration. Dozens of carefully designed and diverse levels to explore, each with distinctly unique environments and styles that are brimming with secrets to discover.
- Local and online multiplayer. Brave the adventure alone or with friends in online or local co-op.
- Engaging story. An expansive narrative that unfolds across four fantastical fairytale adventures.
- Pre-order Trine: Ultimate Collection at select retailers to get a Trine 4 cloth poster and bonus in-game content!
View a set of Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince screenshots, artwork, and box art at the gallery here. View the Trine: Ultimate Collection box art at the gallery here.